Road Works North Of Laxey...whats That All About..

manxchatterbox

posted an item in the early hours but someone didn't like it so it got deleted...meantime I did the research during the day about why stone chippings have been laid on the bend that was re-aligned coming out of Laxey on the way towards Bulgham and which since October last year has had a brand new tarmacadam surface..... now can say that at the DOT Jim says they lifted the outside of the bend by about 8.5inches to create a positive camber...now they are putting a coating of surface dressing (chippings) on to "prolong the life of the road"....some may also have noticed that before the entrance to the bend coming each way there is a rectangle of different coloured (red-oxide) chippings ...whats that all about? are they covering some sort of induction loop? is there going to be a speed camera and restriction on the bend?...Jim said he didn't know anything about the rectangular areas but that they have laid a strip of red-oxide coloured chipping down the centre so that when they paint white lane markings they will stand out more...hope they don't stand out and get knocked over....

I drove along the Coast Road this afternoon and over the chippings you are talking about. I didn't really think anything about it other than the DoT are re-surfacing a bit of road. I really must try harder to be paranoid and to see everything as a conspiracy.

Ps. Please write in sentences, it's already hard enough to try to understand your strange ranting posts. This new sound bite way of writing is bizarre.

My main concern would be why the DoT always seem to do work on the coast road whilst the mountain is closed for racing

Whilst I would generally agree with that the section of Coast Road we are talking about is fairly short and isn't actually closed.

MCB is right - the DOT did a fair amount of work on the bend and laid some super sticky tarmac (and some uber trick cats eyes).

It is weird how they are re-surfacing bits of tarmac that on the face of it shouldn't need doing yet.

Not up to conspiracy level but I'd ask why are they spending money on it when it was in better condition than a lot of other places.

For instance the A24 Braaid to Eairy road where it is crossed by the B35. Its so smooth and shiny its almost mirror finished in a few places!

They been out adding a few more patches to Ballanard Road this week.

IOM Quilters would be proud to produce such handiwork.

Would they care to put double yellow lines along one side too? Perhaps the lazy bastards would park in their drives then and reduce the number of mini chicanes on my way into work

It is weird how they are re-surfacing bits of tarmac that on the face of it shouldn't need doing yet.

That's one bit of road that defainately does need surface dressing. When they were painting the lines after the major resurface they fucked them up, ground them off and did them again leaving lots of shiny tar right on the corner. Was well slippy in the wet.

Archived