Government Financial Policy and Kirk Michael Houses

FCMR

If the Manx Government make a Policy or Act that involves finance then it has to act in a manner that proves to people that want to invest here on the IOM, that any investment made will be safe. Over the past couple of years this Government has been involved in Finacial Scandals, (Mount Murry and Ballacain).

The two cases mentioned have cost the Manx Taxpayer a lot of Money, Money that could of been better spent on building the Hospice.

The Government have now allowed Dandara to build houses at Kirk Michael, on land that is prone to future erosion, now that this work has started, houses on this site will soon be on sale. Will the buyers of these homes be able to obtain insurance for their property and if at a later date, houses start to slip into the sea, who will pay the bill, not the Builders but the Tax Payer again.

Try and get a quote for insurance for a home on this site, quoting that the site has been named as an erosion zone.

I don't understand the link between

finance acts (which I don't think are circumscribed by the criterion that "any investment made will be safe" - albeit that its best for the Island if that is the case)

and

financial scandals (one of which involved the government and probably has and the other of which involves a politician and may or may not have cost tax payers money)

and

zoning land for building private houses on.

I also didn't see the government baling out people who bought flood plain homes in Sulby, so if people buy in KM, that's up to them.

Archived