Time For A Come Back For Port Erin's Open Air Lido?

manxchatterbox

I went in that pool and it was always freezing, full of dead flies and perhaps something more threatening below! After it was closed as a swimming pool, it was used as a lobster or oyster farm.

Perhaps we are less hardy now, but there is not a cat in hell's chance of me swimming there with or without domes!

I went in that pool and it was always freezing, full of dead flies and perhaps something more threatening below! After it was closed as a swimming pool, it was used as a lobster or oyster farm.

Was it not a Turbut farm at some stage too?

It would take a team of illegal immigrants a whole year to get the stones out of the pool so my guess is that redevelopment is a long way off.

Was it not a Turbut farm at some stage too?

It would take a team of illegal immigrants a whole year to get the stones out of the pool so my guess is that redevelopment is a long way off.

..but a team of Polish guys about a week and the erection of the domes brought in pre-fabricated in Gdansk about three months..so it may well be up in time for next year..the only bit that will take some extra effort will be the land reclaimation infront of the pool to create a big apron area for the car and yacht park and landing slip etc...

Archived