Now You See A Pub - Soon You Won't?

manxchatterbox

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

only the man driving the taxi this afternoon who said the deal had been signed up by the Brewery for a Chinese restaurant.....

I hope it's with the people who had the Wok Inn. That all you can eat buffet they did is sadly missed :(

It is the Wok Inn that are taking it over.

This thread appears to be based on something mentioned in a taxi! Given that very few people seem to go into The Railway I doubt that it would be big news if it shut. As a Bridge regular I firmly believe that The Railway is a sh1te pub. The brewery killed the place.

The brewery killed the place.

By trying to make it the first Non-smoking pub on the island? That experiment definitely didn't help..

I live just around the corner from it, but never really felt the urge to go there - still, turning it into a takeway/restaurant might actually be a good move within the concept of the whole north quay redevelopment - no good night out is complete without food afterwards....

I think that apart from the beer side of things that the building itself is quite interesting, is there a case for retaining it for historic reaons? the brewery can be their own worst enemy at times, remember the Buzz Factory?. There is an undercurrent rumour about large moves afoot re the brewery, eyes and ears open guys :ph34r:

The Brewery are feeling the pinch, they are offering a few pubs for long term 'let'

Indeed...my lager sense is tingling and I sense the impending arrival of a UK chain. Let's hope if they do come they bring with them their own properly trained management and staff. If they are going to just 'let' these pubs you can be sure they will be asking not just for rent, but for several pounds of flesh as well.

Never in the field of brewing have so few taken so much from so many.

edited to add: Sorry, it wasn't my lager sense tingling...it was just another stroke coming on.

I've lost count of the number of bad pints I've had, and staff not doing the simplest of things, like pulling through some bitter from the pump if you get the first pint of the day.

And how often are you at the pub at 11am waiting for them to open the door so you can get that first pint eh Chopley? I'm sure there's a word for behaviour like that at your age ;)

Archived