Turkey Blasts Injure 27

girl89

Four suspected bomb blasts, including one which blew apart a bus in a popular Turkish seaside resort, injured 27 people, among them 10 Britons, Turkish and British officials said.

Three of the explosions struck the Mediterranean resort of Marmaris nearly simultaneously around midnight (2100 GMT) as many late-night revellers were out on the streets, which are lined with bars, restaurants and cafes.

Click here for link

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems the Armutlan dolmus took the brunt of the attack, the two town bombs failing to detonate, another controlled explosion near McDonalds today and one explosion in Istanbul.

No claims yet but PKK are suspected.

Hmmm, I've got family due to go out there at the end of the week. Unfortunately the people that do this kind of thing aim for maximum disruption and devastation but I'm hoping that fact, along with the amount of official presence there's going to be in Turkey to find the sick bastards, will mean said sick bastards won't try anything in near future.

the two town bombs failing to detonate

I'm pretty sure it's stated that the the other bombs in Marmaris were set off. I hope these people get found and get what they deserve.

feelslikeitshould - judging on what I know of the Turkish police, there will be a lot of them around. I think I read that vehicles are being checked when they enter Marmaris.

It's a shame people have to do things like this, it will ruin alot of people's holiday. My parents have a place pretty near where the McDonalds explosion was, it's pretty scary!

I am really fed up of all this - it seems like everwhere in the world is victim to terrorism? Every week another bomb is going off somewhere in the name of WHAT exactly???? Im so fuking fed up of it?

I am shitting it because my Mum lives near Antalya where a bomb has gone off this afternoon - and my Mum and stepdad take the dolmus all the time,I am going out there on Friday and I have been looking forward to holiday for ages but now am going to be a bit more cautious, I was gona visit some touristy places but just dont want to now- prob just gona chil at my mums house now. (luckily they live in the mountains away from any tourist areas)

I feel sad for all the people who have been killed or injured in this sensless violence? its just so depressing isnt it. What is the world coming to? Things are just getting worse!

Mind you living in London is also just as scary, getting on the tube the other day I saw this white guy who was a muslim convert, he had a rucksack on his back and I was too scared to get on the tube with him, so I waited 3 tubes to go before I got on - I know that seems stupid but thats how Im thinking these days? I hate it, totally depressing.

I am really fed up of all this - it seems like everwhere in the world is victim to terrorism? Every week another bomb is going off somewhere in the name of WHAT exactly???? Im so fuking fed up of it?

I am shitting it because my Mum lives near Antalya where a bomb has gone off this afternoon - and my Mum and stepdad take the dolmus all the time,I am going out there on Friday and I have been looking forward to holiday for ages but now am going to be a bit more cautious, I was gona visit some touristy places but just dont want to now- prob just gona chil at my mums house now. (luckily they live in the mountains away from any tourist areas)

I feel sad for all the people who have been killed or injured in this sensless violence? its just so depressing isnt it. What is the world coming to? Things are just getting worse!

Mind you living in London is also just as scary, getting on the tube the other day I saw this white guy who was a muslim convert, he had a rucksack on his back and I was too scared to get on the tube with him, so I waited 3 tubes to go before I got on - I know that seems stupid but thats how Im thinking these days? I hate it, totally depressing.

Get a reality check!

You have more chance of winning the jackpot on the lottery than being killed by one of these bombs, and are many many hundreds of times more likely to die from smoking or from a poor diet. You have a 1 in 80 chance of being killed in a car crash during your lifetime.

Antalya (also where a friend of mine lives) has a poulation of well over half a million.

It's idiots who don't understand the real probability and risk involved that are busily handing over everyone's civil liberties. Why not enroll for a maths refresher class this September at the college.

Archived