Student Tricks His Way To Drive In A Porsche

Nem

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be enough to stop most people at the first hurdle, i.e. getting in the car in the first place. Obviously he didn't care about that, and once he's on the road he's already broken those laws. He can get done for those, but there's no law against doing 150mph as far as I know.

There's not, but the possible consequences of an inexperienced driver doing 150 don't bear thinking about.

Look back at all the anguish over recent teeange deaths in car crashes.

I'm surprised that some people seem to approve of his criminal actions and the danger he could have caused to himself and other road users.

The kid should be given a stiff sentence, not for blagging a blast in a Porshe, that was just plain old chutzpah, but for endangering other people by not being certified as being competent to drive unaccompanied and by driving without third part insurance. If anything it is this last issue that I consider to be the most significant offence.

But the garage owners should also be prosecuted.

They have a duty of care which they failed to uphold. Firstly they failed to ensure that the kid was who he claimed to be and secondly they failed to ensure that he met the limits that were applied to their insurance.

They therefor share some responsibility for his actions.

There's not, but the possible consequences of an inexperienced driver doing 150 don't bear thinking about.

Look back at all the anguish over recent teeange deaths in car crashes.

I'm surprised that some people seem to approve of his criminal actions and the danger he could have caused to himself and other road users.

I don't condone what he did at all, far from it.

If he'd been caught doing 25mph on a back lane for 10 yards, he could be done for no insurance and no licence. If he had been caught doing 150mph on the mountain road, he could be done for no insurance and no licence. That's pretty crazy in my book, but I'm just guessing what his "hard driving" may have involved.

If he'd been caught doing 25mph on a back lane for 10 yards, he could be done for no insurance and no licence.  If he had been caught doing 150mph on the mountain road, he could be done for no insurance and no licence.  That's pretty crazy in my book, but I'm just guessing what his "hard driving" may have involved.

If he HAD been nicked driving fast then my guess is that a charge of dangerous driving could - and indeed SHOULD have been added to the list. That would have opened up additional and far more severe penaalties that should be applied.

I still maintain that the garage have a degree of culpability that they should not be allowed to avoid.

I was also curious as to what they signs of "hard driving" the Porsche was showing.

Were the tyres shredded, brakes stinking hot, or what I wonder?

.....perhaps the garage was sent a load of pictures from the numerous speed cameras displaying a gleeful crazed and spotty face pressed up against the windscreen whilst the car took corners on two wheels...

The kid should be given a stiff sentence,  not for blagging a blast in a Porshe, that was just plain old chutzpah,  but for endangering other people by not being certified as being competent to drive unaccompanied and by driving without third part insurance.    If anything it is this last issue that I consider to be  the most significant offence.

You could argue that it's akin really to drinking and driving, i.e. knowingly getting behind the wheel of a vehicle when you are not fit to drive it, endangering lives etc.

I bought a car from the same place when it was castle cars, before hand though i took it out for a test drive with no checks whatsoever.

I also hired a van back in march from a different garage not to be named to bring to the uk and move my mate back to the island, the garage knew of my intensions and didn't even check my driving license or proof of home address. and I paid cash!!!

I look about 18 although i'm 23 so i'm sure that may have raised some sort of suspicion but no!

I dont think he should be too heavily punished afterall he was only doing what a lot of kids his age would do if they thought they would get away with it and had the brains to think up how to do it in the first place!!

It was wrong that he was driving without a licence and insurance and he should be punished for that but I think the salesman is mainly to blame for not running proper checks.

Yes but lots of kids would kill their teachers if they thought they could get away with it (or was that just me?).

I hope he is punished, but not too severely. I think a custodial sentence may have a detrimental effect on his education or career, and if this is an example of the fella's chutzpah or balls there is every chance he'll grow into a productive and valuable member of society. I hope he gets a long period of Community Service and that he learns from this incident.

Archived