The Election. Does Anyone Care?

Addie

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whos going to be the first to mention about you know who from Onchan standing again :angry:

That would appear to be you, FCMR.

Not that you're obsessed or bitter or anything.

Are you telling us ans that Theskeat is really the old FCMR???

LT

I live in Castletown ... Mr Speakers domain ... I'm dreading an election where he's the only candidate ... again (it happened last time) ... and there's no "Reopen Nominations" option ... I'd have to spoil my ballot.

It's enough to make me want to stand myself ... but to be honest I think the man's got tenure ... its frightening what a wig and patent leather shoes can do for you, but he's certainly popular from what I can tell ... no one's advertizing that they'll stand against him ... the poor commissioners ... stacked with wantabe polititians waiting for Mr Brown's retirement.

I bet you ... there won't be any candidates standing against him ... then he'll retire and there'll be 5 or 6 of them popping out of the woodwork. Choice ... what choice do I have ... none by the looks of things.

Who should I blame ... Mr Speaker, the people of Castletown, or myself?

Not sure, but it isn't good for democracy ... I'll tell you that.

This started out as quite an interesting and serious informative thread. Then FCMR got involved and it went for a ball of chalk. The next thing, there'll be Dippity-fucken-Doo coming along telling us all that's he's standing for election or something.

ps I never used to swear. At all. Then they allowed it and suddenly I'm swearing like a TT rider interviewee with a dose of Tourets. Ah well, I'spose I'll go back later and do some asterisks.

I live in Castletown ... Mr Speakers domain ... I'm dreading an election where he's the only candidate ... again (it happened last time) ... and there's no "Reopen Nominations" option ... I'd have to spoil my ballot.

It's enough to make me want to stand myself ... but to be honest I think the man's got tenure ... I bet you ... there won't be any candidates standing against him ... then he'll retire and there'll be 5 or 6 of them popping out of the woodwork. Choice ... what choice do I have ...

Who should I blame ... Mr Speaker, the people of Castletown, or myself?

Not sure, but it isn't good for democracy ... I'll tell you that.

You always come across, on here, as a person of some intelligence, Chinahand.

Why the hell don't you stand against Noel?

My gut instinct tells me that a no-contest should be a non-result. Stnad against him.

That's anotherof my irritations in all this, you shold be able to stand, have your manifesto published at no cost to you at all.

Stand! Give the man a fight for his ()our) money.

Come on folks, encourage the man.

This started out as quite an interesting and serious informative thread. Then FCMR got involved and it went for a ball of chalk. The next thing, there'll be Dippity-Doo coming along telling us all that's he's standing for election or something.

ps I never used to swear. At all. Then they allowed it and suddenly I'm swearing like a TT rider interviewee with a dose of Tourets. Ah well, I'spose I'll go back later and do some asterisks.

Fantastic :-)

Archived