The Election. Does Anyone Care?

Addie

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Too right. I'm fed up with very low unemployment, having 8% higher wages than the UK, much higher benefits for unemployment, incapacity or retirement pension, fed up with the beautiful countryside and (mostly) lovely people. I'm fed up with free buses for children and pensioners, but most of all what pisses me off is such a low rate of income tax and not having to pay £1000 in council tax each year.

It's a complete mess.

When are they going to sort it out?

Think of yourself as a shareholder in a buisness that generates over £500,000,000 per year. Now imagine that 85% of the business that you are investing in is running like a slickly oiled machine.

What would you do about the other 15%?

This is the whole mess that we are in and it needs sorting out once and for all.

Yeah, and you're just the guy to solve that given your history :rolleyes:

I do not know what you mean about my history. I have served on Government committees because of my trade union back ground but it certainly was not political as such.

I was once a member of the Manx Labour Party but I left because I was frustrated with the fact that the

elected MHKs and non elected MLCs did not vote in accordance with the policy of the party.

I understand that Peter KarranMHK has left them for the same reasons. He has now formed this new group called the Vannin Liberal Party.

I do not think that will survive because it lacks youngsters with vision.

But I applaud Tynwald giving 16 year olds the right to vote.

OK. It may come to nothing, but the opportunity is there for them to exercise their right.

I also think you are right in your post earlier for "tactical voting" to get someone out.

Ultimately although the system may be wrong it allows all of us to vote and until all of us do nothing will change.

I was once a member of the Manx Labour Party but I left because I was frustrated with the fact that the

elected MHKs and non elected MLCs did not vote in accordance with the policy of the party.

As the public pay the salaries of 'elected MHKs and non elected MLCs', surely they should be voting for a policy of betterment for the people of the Isle of Man.

Or have I missed something? When did the Manx Labour Party - or any other party - start financing government?

This is the whole mess that we are in and it needs sorting out once and for all.

Yeah, and you're just the guy to solve that given your history :rolleyes:

I do not know what you mean about my history. I have served on Government committees because of my trade union back ground but it certainly was not political as such.

I understand that Peter KarranMHK has left them for the same reasons. He has now formed this new group called the Vannin Liberal Party.

I do not think that will survive because it lacks youngsters with vision.

But I applaud Tynwald giving 16 year olds the right to vote.

OK. It may come to nothing, but the opportunity is there for them to exercise their right.

I also think you are right in your post earlier for "tactical voting" to get someone out.

Ultimately although the system may be wrong it allows all of us to vote and until all of us do nothing will change.

You forgot to mention that you used to be a Dark Lord of the Sith.**

Anyway, surprisingly, it's good to see you finally made it back!

**(I had to use wiki for that so don't shoot me if that's wrong - I've not watched any of the Star Wars crap all the way through since I was 7)

Indeed, I believe in keeping local traditions alive.

After that, I'd ban all old people from shopping after working hours and on weekends - I'd also ban them from using the roads over the weekend too. They've got all week to go about their business so they should damn well stop being so slack.

:)

Archived