Ps2 Chipping

lateralus

If he's going away to Uni he would be far better off taking it with him and getting it chipped while he's there - he will then have some form of guarantee (usually about three months after installation). That's what I'd do anyway :-)

So what recourse would you have if they turned round and told you to gets tuffed? I could offer you a 10 year gurantee on it, because I know I wouldn't have any legal obligation to honour it.

Not worth the paper it's scribbled on.

Your suggestion to have it done away is good though, he can turn up to any computer fair and have it done on a stall for a cheap price.

So what recourse would you have if they turned round and told you to gets tuffed?

Obviously none - but equally, a possible route to a positive outcome is better than none at all and I think most who made a point of offering it would do their best to uphold it. Certainly better than letting someone tinker with it over here, then drag it a hundred miles or so, only for it to possibly go tits up.

yer id advise getting it done away. also on the guarentee side all u can do is take the persons word for it. Doh. yer it is illegal now and the places i used 2 get chips from have all stopped selling them. so yer search across on the mainland. good luck with it

Archived