[BBC News]Masked teenager robs Manx store

Newsbot

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Birch! The Birch!

Or do what was done by someone (?in the the authorities?) here to a pair of evil scrotes not so many years ago - kick their teeth out and throw them off the supermarket roof... it certainly quietened down the drug dealer problem on the Island for a while, so perhaps a few unofficial 'lessons' need to be taught again? We're not so far from Belfast after all...

there were a bunch of folk in chequered base-ball caps and gloves searching gardens and hedges up the road from there tonight, a bit of an afterthought, I would say !

there's quite a gang of youngsters who hang about bus stops at times, so they may have seen something ;)

This is my local shop. (wasn't me BTW!)

What would you do if you walked in on this? I'm pretty inclined to have a go myself and knock this scrote into next year. I know he had a knife and what I advocate is not recommended, I'm just opening it up for discussion. In my experience if you go in hard at someone with a knife they are more than likely to bottle it, as there is a high percentage they wouldn't expect to have to use it. Especially a 14 year old on the Isle of Man. No offence to you young manx criminals, but you are not as hard you like to think you are.

Then again it could go horribly wrong. What triggers your decision must work on a lot of variables I guess - your mindset, the danger level, the size of the culprit (?), any weapons to hand, any helpful training, how stupid maybe!

I know the lady who runs the shop and hope she's okay. I so hope they get the bastard and throw the book at him.

i hope his defence team dont read your post. you could find you may be liable to subjudice. be careful what you discuss as charges have been made - the facts are as follows:

teenager arrested, hes accused of robbery of £x amount (not sure how much). no mention of weapons thank you very much - he cant get a fair trial if you are on here divulving what you consider are facts. come on everyone knows this!

hes accused of robbery of £x amount (not sure how much). no mention of weapons thank you very much - he cant get a fair trial if you are on here divulving what you consider are facts. come on everyone knows this!

I thought this part of the BBC news article was a give-away;

after brandishing a knife

I suppose the Agitator is doing just that, but I do not understand how Slinky's post could possibly fall foul of any sub judice rules. Just like H&S, sub judice is used as a get out to facing up to more difficult decisions or arguments!

By the by, 'sub judice' literally means 'under justice' and the origin of the rule is to avoid undue persuassion or influence over a jury. So no application here!

i hope his defence team dont read your post. you could find you may be liable to subjudice. be careful what you discuss as charges have been made - the facts are as follows:

teenager arrested, hes accused of robbery of £x amount (not sure how much). no mention of weapons thank you very much - he cant get a fair trial if you are on here divulving what you consider are facts. come on everyone knows this!

Or the fact that he's a total prick, with toffee for brains who apparently only lives around the corner.

Pondlife. Who cares whether they get a fair trial or not.

You cannot legislate against stupid people.

come on everyone knows this!

Okay then junior lawyer you explain it to me. How the fuck am I liable? Does this mean the BBC are also liable?

Edit to add: I'll be okay though because according to another of your eloquent posts:

rubbish, cloud cuckoo land. nobody with any sense takes notice of anon people sniping from the shaddows

i hope his defence team dont read your post. you could find you may be liable to subjudice.

I think its only sub judice if YOU are involved and discuss it. It does not stop other people (not involved) discussing it or journalists reporting on FACTS.

Then again I'm not a lawyer. But then again neither are you.

Archived