[BBC News]Masked teenager robs Manx store

Newsbot

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Birch! The Birch!

Or do what was done by someone (?in the the authorities?) here to a pair of evil scrotes not so many years ago - kick their teeth out and throw them off the supermarket roof... it certainly quietened down the drug dealer problem on the Island for a while, so perhaps a few unofficial 'lessons' need to be taught again? We're not so far from Belfast after all...

Whats all this, lived in a shell for a couple of years! A reply to your remark though, my darren was saying this only the other day, when kids used to be actively beaten by everyone things were allot better than they are now. You know when the shopkeeper could clip your kid and it wasnt a problem, and the cain - bring back the cain!

This is my local shop. (wasn't me BTW!)

What would you do if you walked in on this? I'm pretty inclined to have a go myself and knock this scrote into next year. I know he had a knife and what I advocate is not recommended, I'm just opening it up for discussion. In my experience if you go in hard at someone with a knife they are more than likely to bottle it, as there is a high percentage they wouldn't expect to have to use it. Especially a 14 year old on the Isle of Man. No offence to you young manx criminals, but you are not as hard you like to think you are.

Then again it could go horribly wrong. What triggers your decision must work on a lot of variables I guess - your mindset, the danger level, the size of the culprit (?), any weapons to hand, any helpful training, how stupid maybe!

I know the lady who runs the shop and hope she's okay. I so hope they get the bastard and throw the book at him.

i hope his defence team dont read your post. you could find you may be liable to subjudice. be careful what you discuss as charges have been made - the facts are as follows:

teenager arrested, hes accused of robbery of £x amount (not sure how much). no mention of weapons thank you very much - he cant get a fair trial if you are on here divulving what you consider are facts. come on everyone knows this!

Is he your kid or something?

Name and shame then! You can't dangle the carrot then take it away

Naming and shaming would be on very shaky legal grounds for the poster and this site. Also innocence over being branded guilty surely takes precedence over life wrecking (as hard as it can be to believe)?

Name and shame then! You can't dangle the carrot then take it away

Naming and shaming would be on very shaky legal grounds for the poster and this site. Also innocence over being branded guilty surely takes precedence over life wrecking (as hard as it can be to believe)?

I agree, my rash gossipy nature took hold for a moment!

He has been charged, gone to court, been named and it has been reported.

He is an adult not a juvenile.

Fair unbiased reports of proceedings in court are privileged.

To say he appeared charged with the robbery is true and does not assume his guilt.

If you checked Manx Radio web site his name is given as Carl Dean Glover.

I wish to make it clear that the Mr Glover charged is not the Carl Glover who manages the NSC or any other Mr Glover except the Mr Glover who has been charged

Archived