Infomation Needed

THRILLER

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I don't know where or when this is, it's probably in the early to mid-sixties which puts it just a bit before my time as I was born in 1963. But I would say that the young man in the middle row of the right hand split of the photo, sporting the Jimmy Hill beard, could be a young Danny Shimmin. Any comments on that?

Hiya, Had this picture hanging around the house for a few years now and none of my family know's where its come from.

Its by someone called D N SYKES.

anyone have any idea who He/She is.

Thanks

looks like its been done in pencil

Note all the smoking chimneys in the background - Sellafied?

There seems to be a message there somewhere!

This will be the man dnsykes.com !

I've just found these. Actually one photo but scanned in halves.

bikersright.jpgbikersleft.jpg

Lots of familiar faces there Addie ... Lets hope you get a good response.

Apart from the ones I do recognise, I also see John Lennon & Elizabeth Taylor .... mmmm wonder what they were doing there ?

The photos would have been taken 1965 - ish I reckon. What do you reckon ?

Lets see if somebody will name the whole bunch /

Any idea where it was taken & the function ?

bfn

• 3 weeks later...

Dusty told some good stories but one old fella's sure that Dusty was faster than Super Nero. Was this a world record at Ramsey Sprint 250cc and under? The old fella of my acqaintance can't remember the year. Mind you, they were all a lot faster than they are these days ;)

Great photo Thriller. Treasure that man.

PS Anyone remember the Mini with the Coverntry Climax engine at the Tholt Y Will hill climb? Engine installed in the rear with exhaust system coming out of the rear window. Fantastic.

This event open to cars and motorbikes.

Hiya, Had this picture hanging around the house for a few years now and none of my family know's where its come from.

Its by someone called D N SYKES.

anyone have any idea who He/She is.

Thanks

looks like its been done in pencil

Found this - "142 Jaguar: a mounted, framed and glazed pencil portrait of a Jaguar XK140 registration number VMN 22, a highly detailed image, signed and dated by the artist D N Sykes 1990, 60cm x 51cm overall Estimate: £50-£80"

Dusty told some good stories but one old fella's sure that Dusty was faster than Super Nero. Was this a world record at Ramsey Sprint 250cc and under? The old fella of my acqaintance can't remember the year. Mind you, they were all a lot faster than they are these days ;)

I have a few Ramsey sprint trophy's from 1967, Standard 250 machine.

• 3 weeks later...

Great photo Thriller. Treasure that man.

PS Anyone remember the Mini with the Coverntry Climax engine at the Tholt Y Will hill climb? Engine installed in the rear with exhaust system coming out of the rear window. Fantastic.

This event open to cars and motorbikes.

I guess it's the same mean machine ..... I spoke to the driver of a mid-mounted V8 mini at the Tholty Will pub. he reckoned what you had to get used to was the fact that when you drilled it, it jumped 3 foot to the right, and when you backed off, it jumped 3 foot to the left ! As I recall, it was still front wheel drive & very very cluttered inside the cab !

Knocker Norris

Archived