Newsbot

LoneWolf

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it so difficult to scroll until you find a topic that interests you?

That isnt really the question I asked and it isnt an answer either.

It isnt really about scrolling or clicking through pages its about the volume of posts being made by the bot which might be burying other posts.

Ans might be having a chuckle but he is correct in his terminology of "noise".

It isnt really about scrolling or clicking through pages its about the volume of posts being made by the bot which might be burying other posts.

OK, the question you asked is "Has the newsbot ruined the local news part of the forum?", and my answer is "no".

I hope that clears that up for you.

My comments about scrolling were to highlight that, while it's true that some interesting topics get "buried" under new ones, a very simple way of "unearthing" them is to use the scroll function. That is why I don't consider there to be a problem. I assumed that you were bright enough to work that out from my previous response.

My bad.

OK, the question you asked is "Has the newsbot ruined the local news part of the forum?", and my answer is "no".

I hope that clears that up for you.

My comments about scrolling were to highlight that, while it's true that some interests topics get "buried" under new ones, a very simple way of "unearthing" them is to use the scroll function. That is why I don't consider there to be a problem. I assumed that you were bright enough to work that out from my previous response.

My bad.

Ok if you really want to be like that Im afraid scrolling alone wont do the trick. Take a look.

That isnt what I asked anyhow but why bother?

Thanks for your interest.

Ok if you really want to be like that Im afraid scrolling alone wont do the trick. Take a look.

!)Scrolling does do the trick. I can only assume you've got your board settings different to mine.

2)It is what you asked.

3)It's a pleasure, treasure. Thanks for asking.

!)Scrolling does do the trick. I can only assume you've got your board settings different to mine.

2)It is what you asked.

3)It's a pleasure, treasure. Thanks for asking.

Its not what I asked but maybe I shouldnt have bothered. Ask a qualitative question and by definition one should expect a subjective answer. In your case you have misunderstood the question completely.

Thats ok B)

You must have a pretty bad memory, because it is what you asked. Your post is still there. Have a look.

If you're now trying to imply that your problem is with the quality of the debate on the local news forum, rather than the volume of topics "burying" the intersting topics (afterall, newsbot doesn't alter the quality of debate, merely the number of topics) then perhaps you should actually state that.

You must have a pretty bad memory, because it is what you asked. Your post is still there. Have a look.

If you're now trying to imply that your problem is with the quality of the debate on the local news forum, rather than the volume of topics "burying" the intersting topics (afterall, newsbot doesn't alter the quality of debate, merely the number of topics) then perhaps you should actually state that.

it isnt what I asked and with all due respect you have not understood the question.

If I could make it a bit simpler for you ........

Is the quantity of posts generated by the newsbot ruining or spoiling the qualitative experience of using the local news part of the forum?

Ans seemed to have understood the question ok.

Archived