Newsbot

LoneWolf

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ lonewolf...

I beg to differ here, MCB spams Local News far more than Newsbot does and at least Newsbot links to a story with some bite (even if it may not interest you).

There were threads about the bot prior to it being introduced and after it had been introduced (poll iirc). Why the proliferation of moaning threads about it now, after so much time has passed?

@ lonewolf...

I beg to differ here, MCB spams Local News far more than Newsbot does and at least Newsbot links to a story with some bite (even if it may not interest you).

There were threads about the bot prior to it being introduced and after it had been introduced (poll iirc). Why the proliferation of moaning threads about it now, after so much time has passed?

No problem with anyone having different opinions about anything.

As to moaning threads, Im not at all certain I am moaning, just asking if anyone else finds the bot detracts

from the local news part of the forum.

You might find RSS feeds can enhance a website, including forums, by being slightly less intrusive.

The Reuters news site is an example and the best use of RSS I have ever seen.

In the case of a board such as this one I would not personally think feeding posts into a discussion forum is necessarily the best use of the technology.

All subjective, of course, and clearly other people would have totally different views.

@ lonewolf...

I must admit that I find the whole "well we asked you if you wanted newsbot" argument a bit duff to be honest. It's only when you see it in action that you can really make your mind about it, and I think it's a bit unfair to suggest people can't complain about it now that it's live so to speak.

I must admit that I find the whole "well we asked you if you wanted newsbot" argument a bit duff to be honest. It's only when you see it in action that you can really make your mind about it, and I think it's a bit unfair to suggest people can't complain about it now that it's live so to speak.

It was run in its own section for weeks and then we polled to see if people wanted to trial it in Local News.

It ran in Local News for a couple of weeks and we again polled if people wanted to keep it. The majority wanted to. We cater for the majority.

Perhaps you have the time to run daily polls for the next three years, but I don't.

It was run in its own section for weeks and then we polled to see if people wanted to trial it in Local News.

It ran in Local News for a couple of weeks and we again polled if people wanted to keep it. The majority wanted to. We cater for the majority.

Perhaps you have the time to run daily polls for the next three years, but I don't.

I'm not disputing any of that and for the record I have no problem with newsbot. But I still think the minority have every right to have their moan about it if they don't like it, that's all.

Hell bells, I only asked a simple question. I didnt want or expect WW3 to break out :rolleyes:

@ King Dong - start up a minority group then, call if NoNewsbot pride or something...

zzzzz

I refer you to the last post I made before this one - I personally don't mind newsbot at all but I don't think the fact that there was a discussion and a poll about it means that anyone who doesn't like it can't comment negatively about it ;)

But do they have to start a new thread up about it? There's been a couple in the last few weeks, resurrect them if they're that desperate to moan about posts falling off the board or whatever they seem to think happens to them.

Archived