Crocodile Hunter Dead

the mo beats experience

Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead

September 04, 2006 02:14pm

Article from: The Courier-Mail

THE Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, is dead.

He was killed in a freak accident in Cairns, police sources said.

It is understood he was killed by a stingray barb that went through his chest.

He was swimming off the Low Isles at Port Douglas filming an underwater documentary and that's when it occured.

Ambulance officers confirmed they attended a reef fatality this morning at Batt Reef off Port Douglas.

RIP

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah very bad news but these things a bound to happen in a job like his.

When i first heard about it i thought they were talking about crocodile dundee LOL then a realised when they played a clip of him talking in 2002.

Motorsport is dangerous and so is working with deadly animals..they know the risks

I'm struck by what people are saying about Mr Irvin's work:

dangerous animals
vicious beasties
deadly animals

But was it the animals behaviour or the Crocodile Hunter's that was likely to result in danger?

The man was a passionate naturalist, I loved his enthusiasm for snakes, but I'm certain people working in snake bite prevention hated him.

He spent his life getting close and animals and interacting with them in a way the animal would not have expected or understood.

This made great TV, but he was creating the danger and we loved watching it. Animals are unpredictable, the risk of Mr Irvin getting seriously hurt ... rather more expected.

I'll miss his bravery, bravardo, and enthusiasm for nature. He was a great naturalist, but the way he interacted with his subjects always disturbed me.

I'm struck by what people are saying about Mr Irvin's work:
dangerous animals
vicious beasties
deadly animals

That's as if we're blaming the animals for calling them dangerous, when I already suggested it was likely down to how he interacted with them. :rolleyes::ph34r:

but probably a likely thing to happen with how close & personal he used to get with some of those vicious beasties.

Archived