Whatever Happended To:- The Crowe Eph Investigation?

manxchatterbox

Just to add a bit of skeet.

During the foot and mouth crisis when people were banned from walking in the countryside, the DTI and the DHSS under the control of Alex Downie and Claire Christian, banned their respective inspectors from visiting the hospital building site.

The real reason for this ban was not because of foot and mouth infection, because lorries and stuff were pouring off the boat each day and travelling to the hospital site....the real reason was that the DTI and the DHSS wanted the thing built as quickly as possible due to the Crowe EPH scandal and therefore were happy to block inspectors visiting the site for the wrong reasons while work permit and other legislation was being breached.

As a just reward Downie has been rescued from the House of keys to to sit with his buddy Claire (Kerruish) on LEGCO.

I could write a book about the bloody scandals on this island.

So here we are at the end of another Government's term of office and I'm reminded over lunch listening in to a conversation on the next table in the Rovers that nothing seems to have been concluded....is this so? If it is then Don Gelling should hang his head in shame as it will be a major failing of his Govt...other than DG who else has been responsible for dealing with it? not by chance the DLGE Chief Executive about to retire 'cos that would be handy wouldn't it with nobody then tasked to deal with the matter ?? unless Ken Kinrade wants the chalice??

does the Darth Vader know???

Yes MCB you are quite right nothing has been done. As somebody responsible for compiling a hundred page report on the whole affair I for one to say the least am totally peed off that the standing commitee set up to look into the sorry saga was scuppered on the basis that possible litigation with Bovis was likely, which as we all know never happened.

There are still many local companies out of pocket which is on top of the burden on the tax payer in relation to unpaid NI and Tax. It is also my understanding that EPH Contracts are no longer in existence in the UK.

I might publish the report just before the election, wouldnt that be fun :lol:

Yes MCB you are quite right nothing has been done. As somebody responsible for compiling a hundred page report on the whole affair I for one to say the least am totally peed off that the standing commitee set up to look into the sorry saga was scuppered on the basis that possible litigation with Bovis was likely, which as we all know never happened.

There are still many local companies out of pocket which is on top of the burden on the tax payer in relation to unpaid NI and Tax. It is also my understanding that EPH Contracts are no longer in existence in the UK.

Sounds good to me! Why not put it on here so we can question candidates about it? :ph34r:

Sounds good to me! Why not put it on here so we can question candidates about it? :ph34r:

Agreed ... that was the intention of bringing the subject back..it just seems to have been swept under the mat......some MHK's going for re-election have some serious questions to answer over public money and the lack of action taken to protect the public purse....lets have answers from those responsible before the election takes place....

Archived