9/11

girl89

I most probably will be taking part in it.

If so...don't forget to also think about:

...the other 72,000 (at least - could actually be closer to 180,000) people that have died as a result of the 'war on terror', the majority of whom were innocent civilians, with approximately 3000 per month still dying in Iraq. That's equivalent to the total population of the Isle of Man - so far.

...303 British civilian and military lives

...445 civilians lost in bombings around the world

...2,666 American soldiers killed in Iraq (2529 since 'mission accomplished')

...the cost of $285 Billion could have paid off the debts of all of the poor countries in the world

...4.5 million refugees

...etc.

I didn't know there was a minute's silence, I would have observed it had I known.

Has anyone watched 'The Path to 9/11'?

Not a documentary, but a dramatisation based on interviews and accounts, and the evidence presented to the 9/11 Commission of the events from the 1993 bombing in the WTC to 9/11.

Worring thing is that only one Commission recommendation has been implemented to an 'A' rating, and that is the crack down on funding of terrorists. I suppose the thinking is that if terrorist organsiations are starved of cash then they will not be able to carry out these deeds. But greed and sympathy for the cause will always find a way of getting the cash necessary. In any case, 9/11 cost relatively little and the movement of cash to fund it would have been below the AML RADAR, most likely.

Worrying times, and I agree with Albert's comments (Newsnight quoted a figure of 188,000 lives lost in the 'War on Terrorism'). It's a pity we do not know the full and complete agenda of all the movers and shakers; we may just think twice about who holds the moral high ground.

Archived