Peel Road, Douglas - Road Works

manxchatterbox

on the way home to-night it was 'mayhem' - no-one seemed to have taken any notice of the advance warings and used an alternative route plus when I asked "Big Bob" one of the guys working on site of the black stuff was going to be laid today he said not - but they had hoped to do it all in one day but the planer hadn't arrived early enough so they are already behind schedule.......expect longer delays there tomorrow morning on the way into and out of Douglas via that Circular Road/Peel Road junction... how come on urgent jobs at priority points UK road gangs can work through and get a job done but here they have to break off??

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how come on urgent jobs at priority points UK road gangs can work through and get a job done

You're having a laugh aren't you?

Maybe the tarmac fairies you could click their fingers and do the work instantly. Or maybe people will just have to realise that re-surfacing a road takes time.

My man is working on the highway board, I know a lot of them are lazy sods and its a notoriously slack job. They are suposed to finish at 4.30pm but he has been working since 7.15 this morning and is still working now, and I have just received a text message to say they are working until it gets dark.

People whinge when the roads are uneven and a mess, then as soon as something starts happening they whinge because its taking up an extra ten mins on their journey home!

on the way home to-night it was 'mayhem' - no-one seemed to have taken any notice of the advance warings and used an alternative route

Including numpties like yourself obviously!

:lol:

on the way home to-night it was 'mayhem' - no-one seemed to have taken any notice of the advance warings and used an alternative route

Including numpties like yourself obviously!

:lol:

Second that laugh - fanny

Info update - they have the van on with the headlights shining on their work and they are still going for gold and will be for the next hour at least!

how come on urgent jobs at priority points UK road gangs can work through and get a job done

You're having a laugh aren't you?

Seconded... half of them don't know what a road is over here.... usless.

Terran

I noticed there was a slight backlog of traffic, guess what I did....

instead of adding to it, I turned down towards the railway and went to Peel on the back roads, took me about the same time as it would the other way and was a much more pleasant trip,

congestion my ass

Archived