Peel Road, Douglas - Road Works

manxchatterbox

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so they levelled it off with tarmac. More settlement has now taken place.

My recollection is that it wasn't level immediately before or immediately after it was resurfaced - can't say I've noticed it getting worse - it's just been rubbish throughout ;)

No it went up and down like a big dipper. What they did was to hammer out the joints and fill in with a foot width of tarmac, every joint, you can still see where they did that. That took out the biggest peaks and troughs, but it seems every concrete raft is still settling a bit, plus wear and tear

still no temporary traffic lights near Pulrose Bridge or any sign of any work starting...why are the DOT not doing the work over the week-end when people don't have the same sort of time constraints like getting the kids to school in time and then getting to work etc..

..guess it'll be on MR again tomorrow (Monday) morning when there is nothing there... so people will go out of their way for no reason...

...perhaps Stu Peters might drive along Peel Road on his way into work just to see what's happening (or not)..'cos IMO there is a credibility question on the Roadwatch reports and which translates into who reads them out...

There was a bloke on here critized the road reports on manx radio a couple month back and the dj didnt like it one bit so expect him tio give you a bit of a ticking off.

its a bit like when you go to a disco and say to the dj becuase no one is dancing he should play something decent and he just turns on you angrily and says 'well what would you play then'

So leave the dj to his own job is what I say, its not that bad although I was at a party the other day in a nearby flat and we just cracked up at the people funing and shaking their fists and stuff

Archived