Onchan Election Candidature

manxchatterbox

on eof the sitting members is reported to have said he's going to let the electorate know 'shorlty' if he's going to be standing again....why does he have to wait? surely he already knows there is no hope of convincing the intelligent electorate of Onchan that if from the Brazilian jungle rainforest there is a plume of smoke rising then there must be a smouldering fire beneath it lit by lightening as an act of god or by human hand.....then again maybe there might be another act of god...a torrential thunderstorm of rain that arrives in time to drench the fire and wash away the embers....

surely he already knows there is no hope of convincing the intelligent electorate of Onchan that if from the Brazilian jungle rainforest there is a plume of smoke rising then there must be a smouldering fire beneath it lit by lightening as an act of god or by human hand.....then again maybe there might be another act of god...a torrential thunderstorm of rain that arrives in time to drench the fire and wash away the embers....

Winner of Most Tortured Metaphor 2006

My guess 'he' will announce but do bugger all in campaign work.

that way 'he' gets a pension and doesn't waste any money on literature or time on appearing.

Farcical.

How does the Pension thing work then? I don't get it? So if he announces he'll stand but loses, how's that work?

surely he already knows there is no hope of convincing the intelligent electorate of Onchan

Maybe he's just going to ignore both of them and concentrate on everyone else.

:lol:

Is it just me, or are MCBs posting becoming even more strange and unintelligible? At first, they were quite coherent, still tenuous and annoying but readable. I think she's suffering from a degenerative brain disease.

How does the Pension thing work then? I don't get it? So if he announces he'll stand but loses, how's that work?

Its a typical MCB statement (inaccurate).

It refers to the six months pay they get to tide them over after losing a seat. If you don't stand you don't get the 6 months pay.

Its not a pension.

But is it an incentive to do bugger all.

surely he already knows there is no hope of convincing the intelligent electorate of Onchan that if from the Brazilian jungle rainforest there is a plume of smoke rising then there must be a smouldering fire beneath it lit by lightening as an act of god or by human hand.....then again maybe there might be another act of god...a torrential thunderstorm of rain that arrives in time to drench the fire and wash away the embers....

Winner of Most Tortured Metaphor 2006

You are all picking on mcb, who is like the great artists with the tortured mind.

how you say?

"When zuh seagulls follow zeh trawler, eet ees because zey think sardines will be thrown in to zuh sea".

On the subject of Onchan candidates I'm just glad that I don't in live Onchan so won't have this guy knocking on my door. He seems rather agressive and appears to be able to start an argument with himself. I like the way he takes offence to fairly normal questions and talks about hanging people (nice bit of fading so as not to name anyone).

Members who have reached retirement age of sixty, and do not wish to stand again, will be entitled to receive a pension from the Tynwald Member’s Pension Scheme. This will be paid from the point at which they cease to be Members of Tynwald, which normally will be the day after the General Election….

A member who does not seek re-election, but who is under retirement age, will not be eligible for either the Tynwald Members’ (Resettlement Grant) Scheme or a pension under the Tynwald Members Pension Scheme (until he or she reaches retirement age)

Members who stand but are not elected: The Members of Tynwald (Resettlement Grant) Scheme 1997 provides that a lump sum payment is made equivalent to six months basic salary as an MHK (but not including a ministerial or any other salary). The Treasury will make the payment, subject to income tax and national insurance deductions during December. If a Member is over pensionable age, then he/she will receive a pension instead of the Resettlement Grant lump sum payment.

As Richard Corkill is 55 this year, he has everything to gain and nothing to lose by standing (at least in financial terms).

If Mr Corkill was to resign before the election claiming that his reason was ill health or that he has to resign on the grounds of his wifes ill health and has to look after her then he can pick up a tidy sum of money, I was told this by another MHK but have not be able to check out if its fact or not.

could this be the wayout for him

http://www.nics.gov.uk/pay/handbook/conten...al%20grounds%22

does anyone khow much being a locum pharmacist pays? is it a pensionable job??

Depends on the employer.

I worked for a short time after selling my business 10 years ago for Lloyds. Then they paid me £38k plus pension plus expenses.

However this is very unlikely to happen with most locums. I would say probably now about £130 - £150 daily i.e. £650 -£750 weekly with no pension would be fairly near the mark.

Archived