Extra Costs To Chief Witness

Theskeat

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole thing is totally unnecessary. Dodgy builders, dodgy MHKs and their immediate family costing the normal folk tax money, just for a change...

I hope Mr Kelly is OK but have to say from reading the papers the two sides are equally to blame and I dont see why this is a matter for the courts, whats the saying?...If you fly with the crows you get shot down with them? seems apt.

I used to work in a Filling Station many years ago and a couple of times a day customers would ask if instead of a printed receipt, they could have a handwritten receipt that included a sandwich or a packet of ciggies as if the cost was fuel.

ie. £40 of fuel and £4 of ciggies written as £44 of fuel.

Bloody criminals, the lot of them.

I used to work in a Filling Station many years ago and a couple of times a day customers would ask if instead of a printed receipt, they could have a handwritten receipt that included a sandwich or a packet of ciggies as if the cost was fuel.

ie. £40 of fuel and £4 of ciggies written as £44 of fuel.

Bloody criminals, the lot of them.

Did you co-operate? Feel free to consult an advocate before you answer and perhaps your election agent!

Christ all this over £90k - what a waste! The whole thing continues to stink!!

Anyone know from a legal perspective what a "discontinued trial" would actually mean.

The defendant would be formally found 'not guilty' and be discharged

Why can't it continue just without Mr Kellies testimony? Surely he can make a statement and that be used?

If not, Im going to rob 100k and then suck me cheeks in and start beating me chest when they put me in court.

Exactly...hardly justice at the end of the day is it!!! No offence like I am sure the guy is ill and all that but come on...leaves a nasty taste doesnt it.

Did you co-operate? Feel free to consult an advocate before you answer and perhaps your election agent!
I have no pangs of guilt when I adopt a high horsed, or moral stand point.

I would hope not! People of high moral fibre are needed in the Keys.

Unless you have seen evil, how could you tell what is good?

Why can't it continue just without Mr Kellies testimony? Surely he can make a statement and that be used?

If not, Im going to rob 100k and then suck me cheeks in and start beating me chest when they put me in court.

The fact that he probably isn't up to being cross-examined may mean any written statement may be given such little weight as to be worthless precisely because it hasn't been tested by cross-examination.

Archived