Airport Extension

Chinahand

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tempus Fugit, what age are you?.....

If you can't have an adult discussion, go back to watching kids TV or playing with yourself.

From someone who probably knows alot more about the airline industry than you do you have ranted some pish.

As for your comeover and boat in the morning shite, remember we make up a large portion of the population and contribute to the economy....

Latin name, shame you have no brain.

So you want a serious adult discussion eh ? - can't take a bit of ribbing ? - pity you didn't think about that before you questioned my original post in such a disrespectful manner, and so new to the forum too, two days !, I mean - only 2 days, and you already blotted your copy book.

Ok, so you work for BA by your robust defence of them despite there being no reference to BA in the thread, you're obviously not in customer service either by the manner of dealing with comments made about other companies, not connected with BA at all, and you are very insecure by the sound of it having to shoot from the hip like that. I think BA are very wise to keep you out of contact with the public as you're a loose cannon.

You know absolutely nothing about me, whether I am or have ever been involved with airlines or the airport, yet feel qualified to question a fact I posted (not for your benefit or education) but as a contribution to the ongoing discussion on the runway safety extension and what aircraft have used the airfield presumably before you ever heard of the place (or out of short pants ?). You probably don't know what other aircraft have been used on direct holiday flights from Ronaldsway in the last 20 years either, you may be surprised if you do a little research before you let loose with another tirade.

I suppose you would argue black was blue for example that the USAF had never landed aircraft at Ronaldsway if I posted a photo, or that I had a free return trip to Prestwick on G-AMPP if I posted a scan of the captain's 'information to passengers' sheet. You probably never knew that every passenger arriving in the terminal (through the numerous doors in the front of the traffic hall off the apron) having landed was handed a free copy of the 'Holiday News' newspaper. You may be oblivious to the fact that every flight arrival had a coach (Silver City) or bus (BEA) waiting outside to carry passengers to the Douglas Air Terminal (where's that now ?), and that dedicated return transport left Douglas just 1 hour before every flight departure time.

You wouldn't know when the first security officers were recruited and who they were or when the airport took over policing from the Island force. You wouldn't know when the last Dragon Rapide or Bristol Wayfarer landed there. You wouldn't know that all the washing lines in Castletown were emptied before the BAC-111 took off at 4.10pm each day because of the black line it left in the sky, yet you know I 'ranted some pish' (very adult !) about an aircraft I came home on some time about 1994, with an Irish crew, and Ryanair documentation in the seat pockets. Whether Ryanair or someone else was the actual owner of the aircraft is irrelevant to the fact of the flight taking place.

In short, you know nowt about this Island and it's airport, you take your money and run, if it suits you with a better offer we wouldn't see you for dust, you have no loyalty to the place, you're just here for the beer. You're just another itinerant worker, not here for the Island, but just what you can make out of it, that there's more jobs going here than elsewhere.

You feel that you are contributing so much to this Island, yet you take more from it than you contribute.

Just think that nobody is indespensible, if you disappeared tomorrow would the Island crawl to a halt ?, you would be replaced before your seat was even cold.

That is all. I have nothing else to say to you. Flames will go in the bit-bucket.

Have a nice day and don't take life so seriously kid, watch the blood pressure :D

Tempus Fugit, what age are you?.....

If you can't have an adult discussion, go back to watching kids TV or playing with yourself.

From someone who probably knows alot more about the airline industry than you do you have ranted some pish.

As for your comeover and boat in the morning shite, remember we make up a large portion of the population and contribute to the economy....

Latin name, shame you have no brain.

So you want a serious adult discussion eh ? - can't take a bit of ribbing ? - pity you didn't think about that before you questioned my original post in such a disrespectful manner, and so new to the forum too, two days !, I mean - only 2 days, and you already blotted your copy book.

Ok, so you work for BA by your robust defence of them despite there being no reference to BA in the thread, you're obviously not in customer service either by the manner of dealing with comments made about other companies, not connected with BA at all, and you are very insecure by the sound of it having to shoot from the hip like that. I think BA are very wise to keep you out of contact with the public as you're a loose cannon.

You know absolutely nothing about me, whether I am or have ever been involved with airlines or the airport, yet feel qualified to question a fact I posted (not for your benefit or education) but as a contribution to the ongoing discussion on the runway safety extension and what aircraft have used the airfield presumably before you ever heard of the place (or out of short pants ?). You probably don't know what other aircraft have been used on direct holiday flights from Ronaldsway in the last 20 years either, you may be surprised if you do a little research before you let loose with another tirade.

I suppose you would argue black was blue for example that the USAF had never landed aircraft at Ronaldsway if I posted a photo, or that I had a free return trip to Prestwick on G-AMPP if I posted a scan of the captain's 'information to passengers' sheet. You probably never knew that every passenger arriving in the terminal (through the numerous doors in the front of the traffic hall off the apron) having landed was handed a free copy of the 'Holiday News' newspaper. You may be oblivious to the fact that every flight arrival had a coach (Silver City) or bus (BEA) waiting outside to carry passengers to the Douglas Air Terminal (where's that now ?), and that dedicated return transport left Douglas just 1 hour before every flight departure time.

You wouldn't know when the first security officers were recruited and who they were or when the airport took over policing from the Island force. You wouldn't know when the last Dragon Rapide or Bristol Wayfarer landed there. You wouldn't know that all the washing lines in Castletown were emptied before the BAC-111 took off at 4.10pm each day because of the black line it left in the sky, yet you know I 'ranted some pish' (very adult !) about an aircraft I came home on some time about 1994, with an Irish crew, and Ryanair documentation in the seat pockets. Whether Ryanair or someone else was the actual owner of the aircraft is irrelevant to the fact of the flight taking place.

In short, you know nowt about this Island and it's airport, you take your money and run, if it suits you with a better offer we wouldn't see you for dust, you have no loyalty to the place, you're just here for the beer. You're just another itinerant worker, not here for the Island, but just what you can make out of it, that there's more jobs going here than elsewhere.

You feel that you are contributing so much to this Island, yet you take more from it than you contribute.

Just think that nobody is indespensible, if you disappeared tomorrow would the Island crawl to a halt ?, you would be replaced before your seat was even cold.

That is all. I have nothing else to say to you. Flames will go in the bit-bucket.

Have a nice day and don't take life so seriously kid, watch the blood pressure :D

I agree with you on many points, I am only here for the money why else?.

I don't work for an airline, don't think they employ loose cannon's... but use all the carriers getting on and off the island weekly. BA being the best of a very bad bunch.

Looks like I've tackled a plane spotter or a airport employee on this one, so won't win the arguement over the paddy wagon aircraft.

Looks like you've had the rant on this one, giving me a history lesson on the IOM's airport and my contribution to the island or lack of it as you put it.

You have guessed I couldn't care less what goes on at the airport, or what goes on around the island.

I don't spend enough time here to bother.

I just here for the banter.

I never take life seriously matey, life is too short. I enjoy the banter!. After all it's a forum.

Back to the point of this thread ish

Ryanair and Easyjet would not come here , with or without a runway extension.

We will be stuck with euroscanx, Aer aholes, and manxpoo.

I think the government should not be giving grants out to any 2 bit airline who starts a new route

but should give grants to decent airlines like BA, Flybe etc and give them sole routes.

There are not enough passengers here for airlines to compete on routes. Since the government let 1 man and his dog start routes in here, we are now left with a pile of crap airlines flying the majority of the routes.

If the government subsidised the routes like this then the airline could actually make a profit from here (shock horror)

and the public would have the cheap flights they scream about.

I think the government should not be giving grants out to any 2 bit airline who starts a new route

but should give grants to decent airlines like BA, Flybe etc and give them sole routes.

There are not enough passengers here for airlines to compete on routes. Since the government let 1 man and his dog start routes in here, we are now left with a pile of crap airlines flying the majority of the routes.

If the government subsidised the routes like this then the airline could actually make a profit from here (shock horror)

...there isn't the 'infrastructure' in place for RyanAir / Easyjet what would loads of stag and hen night travellers do if they were dropped off at Ronaldsway..poor bus services expensive taxis few night clubs decent bars...

What's wrong with the current airlines serving here?

Thanks for reminding us of that again. Good of you to slip it in

We are very, very, very grateful that you are here.

Anything you would like us to do for you just mail us.

What's wrong with the current airlines serving here?

they arnt making any money, BAcon is in dire straights all over UK that's why willy walsh chopped it off the larger BA so it can fight FR and EZ and validate its existance, which its failing to do.

euromanx has a had a troubled times as they dont appear to have a business model to follow

manx2, blue islands and etc are just fly by nights at this stage and ready to evaporate.

subsidies will help promote the existence of a home grown airline, which employs staff here and has interests of the island at heart. route division will help alot too but the threat of competiton is always healthy to stop abuse of position. what we dont want is euromanx going to the wall and stranding 100s of passengers and putting lots of ppl on the dole becasue the gov cant control who it gives routes too.

apart from subsidies arent just given to home grown airlines. they are given to whoever starts a new route.

You forgot Aer arran willow.

The Route whores of the British Isles. They dont give a cr4p about the isle of man.

In the ideal world. Bacon and Euromanx should be the only airlines allowed here. As they employ in the island.

Stop the grants to all the other pieces of cr4p. And put that money into subsidising those airlines to keep the tickets cheap. The companies can then make some money.. and then hopefully reinvest instead of having to cut costs everywhere.

getting back to the subject of the extension, and the item on the radio this morning about the impact on wildlife and tidal flow etc. from a 200m promentory, I suppose they have already ruled out just using a handful of pillars and make an elevated 'motorway bridge' out to sea, not affecting the tide or shore line (except from the shadow), it's not rocket science :)

I think either:

Lights on the Castletown Road (cheapest, easiest option). However, no consultant will be able to make a killing out of it so that will not happen.

Compulsary purchase of the field at the end of the other runway. But, then you have the green brigade, say no more.

The other alternative is an underpass on the castletown road allowing the runway to go over the top.

At the end of the day the problem is run off in the event of an emergency. It is nothing to do with bringing in bigger planes.

I think either:

Lights on the Castletown Road (cheapest, easiest option). However, no consultant will be able to make a killing out of it so that will not happen. A pile of houses and half of poulsum park would need flattening and the steam railway rerouted

Compulsary purchase of the field at the end of the other runway. But, then you have the green brigade, say no more. which field? at the other end of the main runway is the sea. If you mean the short runway, you cant go far enough that way because of the surrounding hills on the approach.

The other alternative is an underpass on the castletown road allowing the runway to go over the top. see above

At the end of the day the problem is run off in the event of an emergency. It is nothing to do with bringing in bigger planes.

Archived