[BBC News]Ferry returns in health emergency

Newsbot

Obviously saw the price of a freekin breakfast.

You're not joking. I recently had the "Great Manx Breakfast" and a coffee on the Ben-my-Chree. Very nice and very freshly cooked.... but £8.20?

It's not like they keep the price secret though is it?

Very true. But I naïvely assumed the £6.75 for the breakfast would include a tea or coffee, and I wouldn't have to pay extra for one.

You live and learn!

Steam Packet=Highway Robbery

Fly, and be done with it.

I am absolutely terrified of flying, so sadly that's not an option.

I can just about cope with the 20 minute flight to Dublin to see my Irish friends, but anything longer would traumatise me severely.

On the plus side, the Steam Packet offers vastly better value fares than Condor does to the Channel Isles. A standard return from Jersey to the UK is £115.

On the plus side, the Steam Packet offers vastly better value fares than Condor does to the Channel Isles. A standard return from Jersey to the UK is £115.

That is cheaper than any fare I've been quoted by Dick turpin and friends down at the sea terminal.......

Is the £115 for a foot passenger?

That is cheaper than any fare I've been quoted by Dick turpin and friends down at the sea terminal.......

Is the £115 for a foot passenger?

Yes, certainly is. Whereas a foot passenger fare with the Steam Packet, booked at least a few days in advance, is usually around £35.

I am absolutely terrified of flying, so sadly that's not an option.

I can just about cope with the 20 minute flight to Dublin to see my Irish friends, but anything longer would traumatise me severely.

That subject is worth a thread all of its own.

I know how you feel.

There is a plus to this dreadful fear though.

The new terror threats don't affect me at all. I've always watched everyone on board like a hawk - crew and/or passengers looking shifty and behaving strangely etc. I just know I ain't going to get there anyway!

It's the previously 'seasoned' flyers that may have the problem adjusting ;)

Archived