[BBC News]Ferry returns in health emergency

Newsbot

I can just about cope with the 20 minute flight to Dublin to see my Irish friends, but anything longer would traumatise me severely.

I'm also scared of flying. But resigned to my fear and reasonably objective. I also like visiting Ireland.

That flight into Dublin is invariably the scariest flight I ever make (well so far). Especially in winter. Is there something about approaching Dublin from the IOM which means that you have to go through a special area of turbulance and cross winds.

Before landing the plane always rolls and twists from side to side, and up and down. Almost as if it doesn't want to land.

I can just about cope with the 20 minute flight to Dublin to see my Irish friends, but anything longer would traumatise me severely.

I'm also scared of flying. But resigned to my fear and reasonably objective. I also like visiting Ireland.

That flight into Dublin is invariably the scariest flight I ever make (well so far). Especially in winter. Is there something about approaching Dublin from the IOM which means that you have to go through a special area of turbulance and cross winds.

Before landing the plane always rolls and twists from side to side, and up and down. Almost as if it doesn't want to land.

I've only flown from Dublin 3 or 4 times but each time I have the plane's done a U turn before landing, because it's been facing the wrong way. Is this the roll and twist you speak of?

They must know by now that the prices are high and to have breakfast before ya get on the boat, even make a sandwich for the boat.

Excellent advice. I now make sarnies and bring a flask.

See their Breakfast Menu and prices

£1.30p for a small tea (1 tea bag and a little water). £1.60p for a large tea (same tea bag and a little more water). Blimey...I didn't know it cost 25 freekin quid to boil a freekin kettle!

Worst trip I ever had was when the electricity had failed in the bar and there were no pint pumps available. On bottles that worked out at £5 a pint and made for a very expensive round with four of us. I know we shouldn't have...but we'd started earlier...and you know how it goes.

aaaaaaaaaarhhhhhhhh! Those scurvy dogs!

Archived