Brandish

slinkydevil

Well the traffic lights are now up at Brandish. Anyone care to guess the length of the tailback towards Ramsey tomorrow morning?

yeah and how long will it be before some poor bastard crashes into the back of it as there's no warning whatsover.

and for that 20mph limit they had there, how the fuck are you supposed to slow down from 100+ to 20 in about 10 yards?

more total and utter bollocks from the DOT in my opinion.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are they actually going to police that 20 limit? 'Cause from what I can see it'd be very easy to catch lots of folks doing 50 or more, which is 2.5X over the limit, auto-ban territory.

Any of these fall off your shoulder? :P

post-1037-1160489236_thumb.jpg

If you get to 50 on the route they were taking you this afternoon (single carriageway, sharpish bend, narrow lane) then you deserve the ban.

If you're travelling out of Douglas, then the 20 limit remains in force well past the bend itself and well into the next clear straight, there's no reason whatsoever to have a 20 limit there.

And in the opposite direction, Ramsey to Douglas, you hit the 20 limit quite some distance before you get to any actual roadworks.

(That said, it was back to a 50 when I went home this evening, it seems to change from 20 to 50 on an apparently random basis.)

Ah, I think I know what you mean. When I was on it the 20 was right on the roadworks just by the lights. (Ramsey to Douglas).

I've never seen so much fucking effort expended on something so completely fucking pointless as what's going on at Brandish at the moment.

It's not a "dangerous corner", it's just that some idiots can't drive properly.

All that said, we'll probably end up with a far faster and more exciting corner than we had before, just like happened at Windy Corner.

So it's good news for the TT, and good news for cunts like me who enjoy driving fast.

Bingo!

How I'll laugh when you get done for speeding next year at the same place. And obviously if you were to, we can use this as mitigation when you bitch about the length of any ban or the size of any fine.

BTW, my incident - which I referred to on your speeding bitch / post - was at Brandish on the way to work at about 8am. I skidded at about 45mph on the metal grid that was on the apex of the corner coming in from Ramsey (this has been replaced in the last few years), having driven that way in for the past five years without any problems.

I was simply caught out by the fact that the road was particularly greasy after a very light shower after a few very dry days i.e a lot of grease on the road.

I don't consider the improvements pointless when if I'd been five seconds earlier or later at the corner as it was I could very well have been killed. I was fortunate to hit the bank on the exit between two RMC mixers on their way to Ramsey.

And don't even think about calling me an idiot who can't drive properly. Accidents do happen. And whereas mine was a careless of control, yours appeared to be deliberate speeding - I'll leave other posters to work out who the idiot is.

I was simply caught out by the fact that the road was particularly greasy after a very light shower after a few very dry days i.e a lot of grease on the road.

So you were driving too quick for the conditions? It's common knowledge that a road gets extremely slippy when it starts raining after a dry period.

Archived