Official Wii Launch Details

Rich

Hopefully I'll be getting one too.

I just can't wait for when a version of Mariokart comes out for it. :)

Re hype though, I don't personally think the WII has had nearly as much as previous consoles in general.

Does it have online multiplayer modes (game dependant obviously)?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, is that a Nintendo thing or a house buying thing?

I found out last night that someone is moving into ours to rent on Friday whilst we are moving out. That's going to make it a barrel of laughs.

I get to miss our works Christmas do as well. Missing out on free booze - shocking! :(

Does it have online multiplayer modes (game dependant obviously)?

It does and will do in a big way but initially I believe there's a distinct lack of online multiplayer games in the launch line up.

It uses WiiConnect24 which is an XBOX Live style system but completely free.

Looking forward to this one :D

Me too. Although I have to admit that when it comes to playing Snes Mariokart I will probably still fire up the Snes for the authenticity of it.

Shit! SHIT!! Imagine if they could only get Snes Mariokart so that it functions as an online multiplayer version. The greatest showdown and argument settling/creating game in history would get even better!

Shit! SHIT!! Imagine if they could only get Snes Mariokart so that it functions as an online multiplayer version. The greatest showdown and argument settling/creating game in history would get even better!

You tried the DS mariokart? 8 player wifi mariocart on the snes (and the n64) courses from one cartridge. It bloody rules!

Yeah I've already got SNES/N64/GC/GBA/DS versions of mariokart.

I love them all but the original is still the best. Well, certain tracks of it which infuriatingly/unforgivingly are missing from the DS version.

They certainly did good with the DS version. :)

Archived