Official Wii Launch Details

Rich

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to London for the weekend and was lucky enough to play on TWO!!!!

One was in Virgin Megastores in Piccadilly Circus and it was a bit embaressing when people started entering the shop and heading straight for the guy swishing a remote around trying to play tennis. Luckily enough i quickly grasped it and won my game. I almost broke a sweat so not advisable for those of you couch potatoes out there who are scared about doing any form of exercise.

But all in all it was fantastic!!

I havent pre-ordered one but I want one soooooooo bad!!!

Yay, amazon just put a limited number up for sale and I snagged one. Delivery in a couple of days. Woot!

I got one too, at 3.15. The question is just how many did they have up for sale? I mean what are the chances of two of us from these forums getting this 'very limited' stock? I think they must have had thousands available rather than hundreds.

Anyway, mine is purely for reselling purposes, so I'm open to offers....it'll be going up on eBay next Tuesday otherwise!

wot a mercenary bastard I am

Yep got mine at 7am this morning (got there for 6:45, then a nice full day of work), I hadn't preordered any games at the time as they weren't allocating games etc so I didn't want to miss out on bits such as WiiPlay which would be just as popular as the console to due the WiiRemote bundled with it.

Fantastic machine and more than lived up to expectation.

i'm pretty dissapointed with it to be honest.

the graphics on wii sports are really poor, and with the likes of the tennis game there is no control over it other than hitting the ball.

maybe i need to get hold of a decent game for it

great console for kids but doesn't come nearthe xbox360 imo.

I'm surprised you feel that way but everybody's entitled to their opinion.

I'm the opposite, graphics don't mean shit to me, but I thought they were pretty good on the Wii, I traded in my 360 for it as I had planned to do all along, as it was only a stop gap.

Love the Wii to bits, but then I've been waiting for once since I first heard about it, probably a year or so ago.

I played my GameCube more than the 360.

A quick note for those of you with recent Amazon orders it may be worth keeping an eye on them, if this thread is anything to go by they're struggling to fulfill before Feb 2007.

http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/worldofs...4937&st=210

I'm sure it'll be fine but worth checking all the same.

I'm not sure about it really. I'm a bit worried that all this remote waving will turn out to be a novelty that will wear off in a short time with people realising that it's better just to sit on your arse and use a conventional controller.

As such I am going to wait for 6 months and see how the early adopters feel then

Fingers crossed Slim, I'm sure it'll be fine, just keep an eye on it.

All I can say is it follows the same fantastic innovation of the DS, so if you like the DS for the new ways of playing games, you'll love the Wii.

It's as much a gimmick that could wear of as the DS had, when compared with the superior graphics of the PSP, the DS won hands down and is still the best selling console by far.

I personally see the Wii going the same way, the control system has only confirmed it to me, it's just a wonderful thing.

The first time you play Bowling or Tennis on Wii Sports you will fall in love. :D

Is this Wii a glorified eyetoy or is it something special.

Something special, and nothing like the eye toy. People keep comparing it to other systems that have offered similar features such as Steering Wheels, Light Guns, Eye toy cameras etc.

The difference is all of those relied on compatible titles, with which there weren't many. The Wii uses all of the above for the control of all games on the system, apart from backward compatible games such as the GameCube and Virtual Console titles.

I played Red Steel last night and I can honestly say, it brought back all the fantastic memories GoldenEye did when it was first released, I can only think this is down to the unique control system (which GoldenEye offered when it was released on the unique N64 controller), as well as the solid game play and lovely touches throughout.

It's unique and I personally think it will do very well for a very long time and prove a surprise to both Sony and Microsoft,.

Archived