New Office Development For Banking Operation On The Way

manxchatterbox

the point is how come taxis drivers know more than what we ever get to hear from reporters who's job it presumably is to get such types of stories out to the public....such as, who have IOM Finance/DTI been hosting/and talking to about setting up over here?? why is all that so "hush hush" surely better to say then it might encourage others to set up if its public knowledge taht so and so firm is interested...

The point is. You listen to taxi drivers!

When good quality office space is at a surplus in Douglas, why the hell do you think anyone would buy that carpark (for a million plus at least) and then spend millions sticking an office on it when you can go to St Georges Court or anywhere else and buy good quality offices.

But you believe it because a taxi driver told you. Idiot.

Also its "hush, hush" as you say because its just "talk". Nobody has yet commited to anything. Do you know how many new ventures get discussed here every month. Loads. But few come off so why bother shouting about it until the ink is dry.

If announcements were made prematurely they could turn off the whole deal. In commercial deals there are always provisions about who says what and when, and often press releases are agreed between the parties. Wouldn't it be great if some numbskull broke the news and so the deal!

Why do we HAVE to know these things before the parties involved are willing to make announcements? There is such a thing as commercial confidentiality and sensitivity.

Really, MCB, which alternative universe do you inhabit?

taxi drivers are a very good and reliable source of information since visiting business people often let on what they've been here for thinking the taxi driver isn't up to understanding what they are talking about..how wrong they are...

When I'm in the Channel Islands I always tell the taxi driver taking me to appointments all sorts of sh*t on the basis that he will blab to some loudmouthed numbskull and create some great false rumours.

I think you will find its pretty standard practice.

taxi drivers are a very good and reliable source of information since visiting business people often let on what they've been here for thinking the taxi driver isn't up to understanding what they are talking about..how wrong they are...

When I'm in the Channel Islands I always tell the taxi driver taking me to appointments all sorts of sh*t on the basis that he will blab to some loudmouthed numbskull and create some great false rumours.

I think you will find its pretty standard practice.

Heaven forbid such a childish prank would ever become "standard practice"

The majority of people know when it is appropriate to talk openly about something and when it isnt.

No one I have ever met would entertain the idea of discussing confidential business matters in a taxi let alone deliberately starting false rumours.

Takes all sorts I suppose but latter day Baron Munchausens arent my idea of reliable business contacts.

Archived