Cost Of Petrol

Theskeat

A Tesco store in Manchester are selling petrol at 85p lt, Ive heard that the Tesco store in Douglas already has the petrol storage tanks in place in the front carpark, but they have a problem, they cant get a supplier on the Island and utill they can they will not proceed with building a filling station.

I wonder if true why they cant get a supplier.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely they have existing suppliers in the UK who can deliver over here?

That is not to say their prices will be as cheap as those across, just as their store prices are not as cheap as they are in their UK stores. But perhaps they will drive the petrol prices here down a little.

Anyone seen the results of the Government's review of fuel costs here?

I imagine Shell have a monopoly over the Tanker Berth in Douglas, and Total over the one in Peel, so I'm guessing the problem is finding a place to be able to pump it off the tankers into before going to the petrol station as they have no storage tanks of their own.

That and it would have to be more expensive after shipping it here....

A Tesco store in Manchester are selling petrol at 85p lt, Ive heard that the Tesco store in Douglas already has the petrol storage tanks in place in the front carpark, but they have a problem, they cant get a supplier on the Island and utill they can they will not proceed with building a filling station.

I wonder if true why they cant get a supplier.

If you want petrol for 85p a litre, go live in Manchester.

This used to be the same with Esso, that was ran by CPL and the fuel was roughly the same price, basicaly its bought in bulk from shell by manx petrolums and then sold onto CPL and pumped from Esso outlets.

Tesco would be exactly the same but i imaging the ammount of fuel sold to them byTotal or Shell/Manx petroleums would be alot and Total/Shell would want to make a little more proffit so the end user would still be paying the same price as the other forecourts.

I am sure Tesco have looked into the idea but dont see it as a booming trade.

Archived