Cost Of Petrol

Theskeat

Well I think it's a disgrace, my X5 on the school run is costing me £40 a day! And I only live round the corner for heavensake! I don't know how much it costs per litre, can't say I look, I just use the pump with the green handle and fill it until it spills on my Jimmy Choos, but it must be near the £4.50 mark surely? My husband is talking about selling our apartment in Marbella just so we can afford to keep it! Or did he say me? I can't quite remember....anyway, I'm going shopping!

And just a note to that woman with the pram who walks her children to school, my children are infinately more important than yours, that's why I drive them to school in my big, safe X5. If I want to park on the pavement to make their trip to the school gate sorter, and therefore safer, then I will! Some people!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just returned to Guildford from Shetland - driving a Smart with a small tank meant I sampled prices virtually the full length of the UK over the last couple of days.

Most expensive 104.5p in a small garage in North Mainland (add another couple of p if it needed another ferry trip to Yell or Unst) Shetland, 101p at Brae on Shetland, down to 99.9 in Lerwick near the harbour; 84.5 in mid Scotland not too far from Grangemouth refinery (the cheap manchester petrol doesn't have to come far from refinery near Runcorn), 95p at a south of Scotland motorway service station; 90p off motorway in North lancs; 90p off motorway service station in Midlands;87p at Sainsbury's in Guildford;

Archived