Population

John Wright

I've summerised the press release:

Burn the South Africans! Let us Manx Gods sell our own butties! Burn the Englanders and their evil banks! Burn the Irish and their brikkies from hell. Burn them alll <froth>

Fatso, sorry Slim. You are so intelligent and incisive, I think you're great.

I'm sure your IQ must reach double figures, what a man?

Cheers

The figure is based on the first input of forms into the database and is likely to rise, the government says.

I thought that would have been pretty obvious. If you enter the first 10,000 forms - then that will reflect your population. If there's another 10,000 sitting there waiting to be input, it will go up. Is the population specifically based on the number of people who actually return their census form? Is there a percentage added on to that for the unaccountable.

Its interesting to see this figure, as it means that only just over half of the population are registered to vote judging by the figures published a few weeks back.

Could be the worst voter turn out ever.

Surely if all these people are new residents their details should be clearly picked up by the tax office and land registry and stuck on the voter list? Or is that too simplistic?

The Isle of Man population rises to almost 80,000 and the figure is likely to increase, the government says.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/5351544.stm

- topics merged -

I'm not sure if this is good or bad news for me as I was hoping to move over in a couple of years time...

I say that because when I was investigating jobs my skill set was needed and therefore I was told I should be able to get a work permit.

Terran

Fatso, sorry Slim. You are so intelligent and incisive, I think you're great.

I'm sure your IQ must reach double figures, what a man?

Cheers

Quite a demonstration of your own intelligence, I'm blown away with your cutting insults! :)

Fatso....you are so quick with the repartee, do I detect a hint of sarcasm?? Most impressive for you. Tell me something how can somebody who is unable to control such a simple thing as his own calorie intake, ever be taken seriously?

Bye..............for now?

Archived