Munich Beer Festival

LoneWolf

Nope, not this year - but been there plenty of times in the past, not at least because I was born 60km south of Munich, and my dad used to work for one of the breweries (loads of vouchers for the tents - *hicks* :) ).

I hope you're having fun, and don't try to look too much like a tourist - you know, camera, Lederhosen, and drunk after one Mass (that's the real name for the thing people call "Stein" over here). Oh, and don't - under any circumstances - underestimate the strength of the beer there - it's real beer, not the wash-water like substance you usually find in pint glasses...

If you want an inside guide on what to do in Munich and the surrounding areas, feel free to PM me - it's not only the Oktoberfest that's worth seing there...

Nope, not this year - but been there plenty of times in the past, not at least because I was born 60km south of Munich, and my dad used to work for one of the breweries (loads of vouchers for the tents - *hicks* :) ).

I hope you're having fun, and don't try to look too much like a tourist - you know, camera, Lederhosen, and drunk after one Mass (that's the real name for the thing people call "Stein" over here). Oh, and don't - under any circumstances - underestimate the strength of the beer there - it's real beer, not the wash-water like substance you usually find in pint glasses...

If you want an inside guide on what to do in Munich and the surrounding areas, feel free to PM me - it's not only the Oktoberfest that's worth seing there...

Thanks for the offer. This will be my 8th trip. Yes I like it!

Its a unique experience and I hope its one thing that just doesnt change or fade away with the passage of time.

You may see a Manx-registered Mini about - my friends leave on Friday night or Saturday morning (I forget which), and are staying a couple of days in Munich before pushing on into Austria for a holiday.

Archived