[BBC News]Cabbie suffers unprovoked attack

Newsbot

Absolutely disgusted when i heard about this. I actually know the taxi driver and he is the most mild mannered person you could meet.

I hope when they find this thug that he gets the birch, never mind thinking about giving him it, just do it and talk later. I am sick to death of the offender getting off lightly. Victims in these unprovoked attacks should be getting the best possible care and attention.

When he is found, i wonder what his excuse will be, drink related or drugs! whatever it is he deserves the most severe sentence possible.

I have no time whatsoever for mindess thugs.....what goes around comes around, hopefully he will get his comeuppance.

I have just heard from my friend who has spoken to the Taxi driver and I will put down what he told him.

This person who assaulted him was , as the driver has said, "out to kill him. He has suffered severe facial injuries so bad that it is hard for him to breath. Possible broken nose and jaw, plus it didnt stop there, when the driver got out of the taxi to try to get away , the thug ran after him and kicked the living daylights out of him. He is bruised from head to foot. He cant have any treatment until the swelling goes down.

What kind of person does that to another human for no apparent reason.

He should be charged with attempted murder. If it was left to me he would get the birch as shady burger has said, i would them throw salt on the wounds...see how he would like that the bastard.

He should be charged with attempted murder. If it was left to me he would get the birch as shady burger has said, i would them throw salt on the wounds...see how he would like that the bastard.

Attempted murder in Port Erin seems to be the que for a slap on the wrists only judging by todays paper. Unless of course it depends on who you are, not what you did.

Hope the thug gets caught, I heard about it but just heard quickly that some guy punched a taxi driver in the face a couple of times, Just thought it was a dispute, Didn't realise it was that bad!!!!

Hope the taxi driver is ok.

Archived