Manx Legal System. Stinks Again

Theskeat

If Mrs Corkhill's character hadn't been put 'in issue' at trial by the Defendant, his character presumably couldn't have been brought up by her advocate.

The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act seems only to apply to applications for jobs, rather than giving evidence in Court.

Perhaps thieawin could confirm if I'm correct. If I am coorect, I suppose it would also confirm theskeat running another half-arsed argument based on an Act which doesn't in fact apply to the situation.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is a criminal offence for a newspaper,TV station, radio, internet site/forum,employer or member of the public to broadcast, print,display or reveal a spent conviction regardless of how they came about the information. FACT

That FCMR character must be really pissed at you for revealing his criminal record on here then! Legal action must be on the cards.

If Mrs Corkhill's character hadn't been put 'in issue' at trial by the Defendant, his character presumably couldn't have been brought up by her advocate.

The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act seems only to apply to applications for jobs, rather than giving evidence in Court.

Perhaps thieawin could confirm if I'm correct. If I am coorect, I suppose it would also confirm theskeat running another half-arsed argument based on an Act which doesn't in fact apply to the situation.

I think you're right. If you attack the integrity of a defendant you lay yourself open to the same treatment. If he'd said nothing I don't think they can refer to spent convictions in court. It only becomes relevant when you start claiming that they have less integrity than you.

Archived