Sunday Lunch

Gavsta

Hello,

I usually play hiphop/ house and rock music, but this is not ideal on a Sunday lunchtime when the parents and inlaws are round.

Any advice to a good selection of music while the wine is being poured and the roast carved?

Even a compolation would do.

Gavin.

Jazz!

Lennie Tristano and Miles Davis are my current jazz heroes, but you probably want something a bit more contemporary. Grab an album of classic 50s jazz, it's great background music for a Sunday lunch as it's not dour or formal like some classical can be, but it's fresh and uplifting.

What about your Norah Jones, Katie Melua Radio 2 ballady stuff?

Or trip hop stuff? Chilled out stuff like Massive Attack or Portishead.

Check out these albums and see if they are your thing

Sia - Colour the Small One I'm loathe to recommend this as background music but i figure if it's in your house there's more chance of you listening to it fully. Sia sang the vocals on quite a few Zero 7 songs and Breathe Me of this album was used in the last episode of 6 feet under with absolutely brilliant effect (a combination of brilliant imagery with the perfect song) The amazon.com listing has samples you can listen to here

Alternatively try Daughter Darling - Sweet Shadows the samples are available on that page full songs can be streamed from here. It seems like it's pretty hard to get that album at the minute without buying from the US so if you fancy it give me a pm and i'm sure i can sort something out. You can also download some tracks for free of their website here.

Jazz!

Lennie Tristano and Miles Davis are my current jazz heroes, but you probably want something a bit more contemporary. Grab an album of classic 50s jazz, it's great background music for a Sunday lunch as it's not dour or formal like some classical can be, but it's fresh and uplifting.

Marvellous idea - that might just be spot on.

Cheers.

Archived