Tt Accomodation

studmuffin

Apologies if already posted.

Dear Customer

2007 TT Accommodation – Unique Opportunity!

Are you or do you know anyone you know looking for accommodation with a difference for the TT Centenary in 2007?

If the answer is yes, then Steam Packet Holidays is investigating a unique opportunity that you may wish to consider.

We are looking at bringing in a Norwegian cruise ship, which will be berthed alongside the Victoria Pier in Douglas harbour for 10 days.

Before we proceed with this venture, we need to know whether there will be sufficient demand and are offering you the opportunity to reserve a cabin now. Payment in full will be required by October 15th. We will reserve cabins in strict order of receipt of replies should we go ahead with this exciting venture.

Prices for cabins are as follows and for the 10 day period from May 31st - June 9th, 2007:

Standard Inner: £90 per person per day

Standard Outer: £100 per person per day

Suite: £150 per person per day

Large Suite: £200 per person per day

All cabins have external views with the exception of the Standard Inners. Standard cabins have twin beds and the suites all have double beds. All have showers, toilet and wash hand basin en-suite. Three of the Standard Cabins have been adapted for disabled use.

Prices are quoted per person based on two people sharing, with single occupancy prices available on request.

These prices include breakfast, buffet lunch and evening meal served in the Halogaland Restaurant which will have views overlooking Douglas Bay.

Bookings can only be accepted for the full 10 day period.

Other facilities on board include two lounges with bar facilities, a cafe with 24 hour service, gym and sauna, treadmill, exercise bikes and a multigym, outside Jacuzzis, internet cafe, library, self service laundry and a wonderful observation lounge from where you can view the magnificent sweep across Douglas Bay.

If you are interested and are prepared to pay in full in October please email info@steampacketholidays.com by FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 22nd and we will put you on our list. We will let all respondees know whether or not we will proceed in the next couple of weeks.

REMEMBER this is a unique opportunity and we need to let the ship owners know if we are going ahead with the charter which is why you only have 2 DAYS to get your response back to us - Friday 22nd September is our final date to register interest.

The email address once again is info@steampacketholidays.com.

Best regards

Steam Packet Holidays

Holy shit! If they fill the whole thing, even at the cheapest price they would turn over in excess of £40,000 per day. With some of the places being £150 and £200 per day the real figure should dwarf that.

An easy half a million at least (less overheads) for the full 10 days. Makes me wish I thought of it first...

looks like the Hurtigruten MV Nordnorge according to the restaurant name, 457 berths

What tourist board rocket scientist had this idea? (it can't be a Steamy idea, surely there must be a grant involved)

Two hundred quid a night, and just what do you do with your bike, and how do you get on and off the thing if you want a drink. Why would you want to be in the bay rather than sampling the atmosphere in town. Oh and of course the main point again - when people usually come here and stay in homestay, cheap hotels or camp why the hell does anyone think they'll pay £200 a night or even £90 for a cramped cabin.

If they have this sort of money to spend perhaps it should be used to put on more ferries, not on a ludicrous attempt to create a floating hotel in Douglas Bay.

Proof yet again that the Island has totally lost the plot. These rooms will end up being sold off cheap and the taxpayer will pick the tab up (again).

To be fair i think it's a pretty good idea, there is nowhere to stay for TT07 and there will be lots of people who won't have booked so early who want to come. The alternative is sleeping in a tent. £90 a night is not particularly bad, probably the average for a decent hotel i'd say, considering you get every meal as well that's pretty good going.

At least a little initiative has been used by the Steam Packet, beats anything the current Govt are doing about the problem (pimping out homestay.)

To be fair i think it's a pretty good idea, there is nowhere to stay for TT07 and there will be lots of people who won't have booked so early who want to come. The alternative is sleeping in a tent. £90 a night is not particularly bad, probably the average for a decent hotel i'd say, considering you get every meal as well that's pretty good going.

At least a little initiative has been used by the Steam Packet, beats anything the current Govt are doing about the problem (pimping out homestay.)

The success or failure of this won't be underwritten by the Steamy. This has grant written all over it.

I think if there is we should be told who is potentially paying for it.

Holy shit! If they fill the whole thing, even at the cheapest price they would turn over in excess of £40,000 per day. With some of the places being £150 and £200 per day the real figure should dwarf that.

An easy half a million at least (less overheads) for the full 10 days. Makes me wish I thought of it first...

If you are interested and are prepared to pay in full in October please email robbing.interest.grabbing.we.think.ur.a.mug@steampacketholidays.com

Blimey - are the Steam Racket running out of cash? The interest on that money alone will be well worth spending!

With a bit of joined up thinking and a bit of advertising they could even get a few Norwegians, Swedes, Danes and Germans to come over to watch the TT and stay on the ship to lessen the financial risk. Presumably as the crew could come with the ship - isn't it head-slappingly obvious that the ship is perfectly capable of stopping at a few other ports on the way here and on the way back and there may be room for a joint venture here.

Ok - but how much to rent the ship ? Plus dont forget all those extra funds such as bar and food bills.....

Terran

Archived