Top Gear Presenter In Critical Condition

TerryMcCann

A neurosurgeon on BBC 24 hours was indicating in general terms that for someone who has gone through this experience their reactions, personality, thought processes could all be altered. The family would notice.

Quite a bit of damage would have been done to the white cells in the brain with the decelleration from 300 m.p.h..

So it probably will mean that the big stunts will have to stop for him.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to say there was a certain hunted look behind his eyes as he made jokes about his brush with death.

The difference between jokes and a funeral was too close call, think the Telly people should think about that. The death of the Whirly Wheeler in when the late 80s (?) put a bit of a hiatus on Noel Edmond's career!

The one thing I'll say at least it looks like it was an unforseeable accident which would more than likely have had the same result even if a professional driver had been driving. Or should they have noticed the partial separation of the tyre before the run started?

It was the "I feel so alive!" comments after the second run that made me shiver a bit. Hammond was having the time of his life before the accident - fair play to him - life without risk is a dull thing indeed.

Glad to hear though that they're never gonna mention it on air again.

Archived