Congratulations Plod....

slinkydevil

You may well mock the local police force over this incident, laugh at the small amount of drugs discovered during the raid and accuse them of going overboard with the manpower employed for the task, but surely any raid and any amount of arrests is better than none at all.

To a point yes. Would be interesting to know whether they were actually targetting a specific, large haul though or just making a rather obvious point that they're trying to get people.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree. The police should get in contact with criminals before they make their raids, to ensure it's all going to be worthwhile. They could have some form of 'pre raid checklist' perhaps, to ask if the criminals have any weapons on them and stuff, so the police can save valuable taxpayers money and leave the protection at home when it's not required.

You win this thread.

I agree. The police should get in contact with criminals before they make their raids, to ensure it's all going to be worthwhile. They could have some form of 'pre raid checklist' perhaps, to ask if the criminals have any weapons on them and stuff, so the police can save valuable taxpayers money and leave the protection at home when it's not required.

You win this thread.

No he doesn't. He forgot the bit about getting the criminals to fill out their "Customer Satisfaction Survey" forms after the raid.

You may well mock the local police force over this incident, laugh at the small amount of drugs discovered during the raid and accuse them of going overboard with the manpower employed for the task, but surely any raid and any amount of arrests is better than none at all.

I don't see much mocking going on about the introduction of a speed limit laws which will save far more lives (if enforced in an equally draconian fashion)...

You may well mock the local police force over this incident,

I will

laugh at the small amount of drugs discovered during the raid

I am

and accuse them of going overboard with the manpower employed for the task

I did

but surely any raid and any amount of arrests is better than none at all.

If they must waste their time then fine i agree, but if those arrested are going on the pissing drugs referral scheme or whatever the hell it's called then no, some arrests is not good enough for 105 hours of police time in the actual raid and countless other hours preparing etc and then filling in paperwork afterwards. From the amount of drugs found you can tell these guys are small compared to some of the dealers, how about targetting them. How about going up to Jurby airfield and seeing whats going on there late at night, jesus how about having a sniffer dog as people come off the boat every once in a while? It just frustrates me how the police are patting themselves on the back with a job well done when all they have done is remove a small time dealer who was probably dealing to his mates in the pub. Yeah what he is doing is wrong but hey it's not like he's selling it to 13 year old kids, at least all the people he's dealing to are adults.

Again i repeat, i reckon someone was tipped off not to be in the Rosemount over the weekend. At least i hope thats the case, because if the police justify their actions for the haul and arrests they got then i despair. When we get the all Island speed limit there'll be six policemen just to operate the radar guns and another 20 round the corner to catch the people doing 72 on the mountain and warn them about their speed.

I remember being in a pub about 8 years ago when the police carried out a drugs raid. The bloke I was with was just coming out of the toilets when they came crashing through the back doors. He was pinned up against the wall and asked what his name was..........he was unfortunate to have the exact same name as one of the blokes they were targetting in the raid!

The thing that worries me is what they expected to happen. Before they went barging in those they expected to resist would have been clocked first, otherwise the Island's Finest would not have have kicked the raid off. Now the pool room wasn't just picked at random, was it. They were expecting a ruck and not only did it not happen but the expected haul probably failed to materialise as well.

I just hope they did not pay the "informant" in advance.

Again i repeat, i reckon someone was tipped off not to be in the Rosemount over the weekend. At least i hope thats the case, because if the police justify their actions for the haul and arrests they got then i despair.

So they did not seize 1000's of pounds worth of heroin and arrest the bigger dealers on the island. If you have that type of attitude you may as well say anybody who is burgled, but has less than say £1,000 worth of property/money stolen, is not worthy of police time and effort in order to catch the culprit.

It would certainly appear the police were expecting a much larger scale raid, but any steps taken towards seeking out and arresting drug dealers/users is worthy of police time in my eyes.

Archived