[BBC News]Stomach virus outbreak on island

Newsbot

Why all of a sudden has winter vomiting started to appear in september? Before Dr Kashol ( excuse me if I have got his name wrong) became the government voice on heath matters, we had never heard of winter vomiting. It was called feeling shit for a few days or under the weather.

It's not that difficult to get the man's name right, it's spelled out (literally) on the Manx Radio website.

And in other news, fuck me, what a tragedy, modern science is able to deal with medical conditions with more accuracy than it was a few decades ago!

What's your next trick, proving that the Pope prays and that bears shit in the woods?

and further to chopley's reply - if you'd bothered to read the report it actually describes a virus similar to winter vomiting, not winter vomiting itself.

Does Dr Kishore have his own office at Manx Radio? He seemes to be on air more than some of the presenters.

There have always been 'health warnings' (I particularly remember one authoratitive warning claiming that potatoes were a primary cause of cancer a few years ago!)

I'm afraid that too many people are spending so much time trying to extend their lives that they're forgetting to live them.

Does Dr Kishore have his own office at Manx Radio? He seemes to be on air more than some of the presenters.

There have always been 'health warnings' (I particularly remember one authoratitive warning claiming that potatoes were a primary cause of cancer a few years ago!)

I'm afraid that too many people are spending so much time trying to extend their lives that they're forgetting to live them.

I think when your "acting" head of public health

http://www.gov.im/dhss/health/public/public.xml

You might feel compelled to constantly remind people of who you are, and what you do ..... for when the proper post becomes vacant.

Archived