Cloud Nine - Mt - Cable And Wireless

local skeet

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so by simplyfying, they mean evening calls and weekend calls are increased, whilst daytime calls are reduced.

i wonder when most PAYG customers use their phones??

My kids use their PAYG at night when they go out, at present it costs them 10p per minute in the evening and at the weekend, to a degree I am happy with that price but now it will cost my kids even more money per minute.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul springs to mind with this increase/reduction :angry:

IMHO MT put profit before people and that is why I cannot wait to see some competition against them ;)

Last 10

Cloud9 webby

First 5000 peeps to register get some deals.

Edit: oops this is more of a sidestep to the post but still related.

I've registered on the cloud9 site as I cannot wait for some competition against MT :rolleyes:

LT

First 5000 get half price calls? Thats a bit ambitious isn't it? They'll not last long!

Their customer service is disgusting

Is it? Nice only post btw!

All competition is a good thing, even if it just results in MT dropping their prices and introducing new services (which otherwise wouldn't have happened without these new companies)

I used to think that all competition was a good thing but I now feel that too much competition can sometimes be quite harmful.

There is only a pretty small population on the island, some 80,000 people and only a portion of that number have their own phone(s).

How on earth can three companies all be successful over here? Surely they can't! What on earth is the point of encouraging certain failure for at least one, maybe two or even all!

I've seen scenarios in different fields whereby too many companies fighting for a share of a limited cake result in failure for all.

I've seen scenarios in different fields whereby too many companies fighting for a share of a limited cake result in failure for all.

I wish MT and their staff well.

I used to think that all competition was a good thing but I now feel that too much competition can sometimes be quite harmful.

I agree - in general terms the market is a small one, so something has to give. I wouldn't say failure for all is on the cards though - Manx Telecom easily have the advantage, with a bit of thought they will have (keep?) the market sewn up. That's the problem though, how reactive do you think Manx Telecom will be to this new competition? You could argue that all these additional licenses/operators wouldn't be needed if the market was both well priced and 'complete', but obviously this isn't the case given two mobile operators feel they can get a slice of the pie and go head-to-head with MT.

You could argue that all these additional licenses/operators wouldn't be needed if the market was both well priced and 'complete'

All " these additional licences/operators wouldn't be needed " if a UK licence was good for the IOM. And there isn't actually any reason why the legislation couldn't be changed in order to phase out the pointless local licencing system.

Then all or any of the UK companies could extend their networks to cover the IOM. Planning would be the only issue. Quasi independence is daft if it ends up costing us more money.

... how reactive do you think Manx Telecom will be to this new competition? You could argue that all these additional licenses/operators wouldn't be needed if the market was both well priced and 'complete', but obviously this isn't the case given two mobile operators feel they can get a slice of the pie and go head-to-head with MT.

I have yet to be conviced that "these additional licenses/operators" are needed.

I have to say that I remember listening to an interview with someone from South Africa EuroManx. He was saying that the price for a flight from IOM to wherever was £**** because that was the price that the market could stand.

I also remember EuroManx offering excellent IOM-LIV fares when there was competition to be got rid of. It worked! They then hiked their prices up. Because the market would stand it?

Don't you just love being a customer?

So lose MT and be serviced by some company/companies with unproven commitment to the island?

Be careful what you wish for, lest it come true.

All competition is a good thing, even if it just results in MT dropping their prices and introducing new services (which otherwise wouldn't have happened without these new companies)

There is only a pretty small population on the island, some 80,000 people and only a portion of that number have their own phone(s).

How on earth can three companies all be successful over here? Surely they can't! What on earth is the point of encouraging certain failure for at least one, maybe two or even all!

I wish MT and their staff well.

Tesco and Shoprite spring to mind and I know which one I would prefer to shop with and it is not the latter ;)

LT

How do you think Iomonline find out......? MT tell them.... :P

Fair comment lfc84, but it would be nice to hear some official statement from MT as opposed to a newspapers website!

Cannot find any PAYG tarrifs on that link lfc84? and that is what this thread was originally started about? - Clickety to First Post

Whoooosh!!!!

LT

Fair comment lfc84, but it would be nice to hear some official statement from MT as opposed to a newspapers website!

Cannot find any PAYG tarrifs on that link lfc84? and that is what this thread was originally started about? - Clickety to First Post

Whoooosh!!!!

LT

First post (here) http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php...st&p=187629 does not state PAYG. It just states Pronto.

You say "it would be nice to hear an officil statement from MT"......The papers publish official statements from MT. AKA "Press Release"...the Press Release is an official statement (by definition) ;)

Whoooosh!!!!

LT

First post (here) http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php...st&p=187629 does not state PAYG. It just states Pronto.

You say "it would be nice to hear an officil statement from MT"......The papers publish official statements from MT. AKA "Press Release"...the Press Release is an official statement (by definition) ;)

lfc84 what is the difference in PAYG and Pronto? The article in the paper was talking about Pronto PAYG?

So you are telling me that the offical statement in the examiner was released by MT? I don't think so because there was profiles on Cloud Nine and Cable and Wireless as well, I don't even think MT would be that stupid to profile their biggest ever competitors.

Unless you know something differnt lfc84?

Last Ten

lfc84 what is the difference in PAYG and Pronto? The article in the paper was talking about Pronto PAYG?

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php...id=188084

You referred to the first post and said that the first post discussed PAYG - it didnt. That is what I responded to here.

So you are telling me that the offical statement in the examiner was released by MT? I don't think so because there was profiles on Cloud Nine and Cable and Wireless as well, I don't even think MT would be that stupid to profile their biggest ever competitors.

Unless you know something differnt lfc84?

Last Ten

http://www.iomonline.co.im/ViewArticle2.as...ticleID=1785872

In the article above the info about MT tarrifs is supplied by by MT from a press release. The journos would then add detail from other press releases (given by other companies) in order to write a complete article.

http://www.iomonline.co.im/ViewArticle2.as...ticleID=1785872

In the article above the info about MT tarrifs is supplied by by MT from a press release. The journos would then add detail from other press releases (given by other companies) in order to write a complete article.

OK lfc84, if you are so sure this info is supplied "by MT from a press release" then please point us all to that press release as I for one would really like to read it.

LT

OK lfc84, if you are so sure this info is supplied "by by MT from a press release" then please point us all to that press release as I for one would really like to read it.

Uhm, press releases generally tend to appear, you know, in the press. I'm not quite sure where else you expect to read them.

Archived