Port Jack Chippy Back Up To Top Quality

Manx Track cars

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank goodness that the Port Jack Chippy has finally got someone back in there that knows what they're doing. Much better location for me to walk the dog and just 'Pop in' for Fish chips, peas....Pastie, sausage, curry...mmmmm :D;)

By the end of the walk you would already have a hot dog . . . .

The folks who ran it before served the most anaemic chips I've ever seen.

And literally the most brightest, greenest peas I have ever seen - that simply lack taste.

Didnt it used to be run chinese people...hardly surprising the chips were crap...chinese can never do nice chips.

Glad to hear its better now :)

Didnt it used to be run chinese people...hardly surprising the chips were crap...chinese can never do nice chips.

Glad to hear its better now :)

Have you never been to the New Hong Kong in Douglas.

Best

Chips

Ever

Although all of the other Chinese takeaways do crappy frozen chips.

The smell from the New Hong Kong is a killer, it hit's about 4:15pm, horribvle when your at work, although today it was a mixture of curry wafts then garlic from somewhere!

I get that from the Silver Star in Ramsey. Various delicious aromas wafting through the window at different stages during the day

John from the Terrace chippy owns the port jack, the previous tennants ran the place way down so John has renovated big style and his son will now run it. I have seen the operation at the back of the Terrace, very pro, very clean and hygenic.

Popped into Port Jack this evening for some chips - it looks very nice with the refurbishment but the chips were still anaemic :( It seems that all chip shops these days under cook the chips - is it to save on costs or something?

Archived