Speed Kills

lard

Apparently Department for Transport have issued a statement in response to the Mail on Sunday 'Speed Camera Scam' article, claiming that they have 'clear proof' that speed cameras are helpful to road safety.

I have to say Stu that I was in the UK a couple of weeks ago and its a nightmare. The cameras do nothing to aid road safety. People just bale down the road and then slam the anchors on when the hotspots turn up. It actually causes accidents not stops them.

Not being accustomed to the area - one minute your doing 50 on a straight stretch of road. Next minute you look in front of you and there is a sea of red lights in your face as the cameras approach. They know to brake because they do it every day and know where they are, you just get caught up in the fallout.

I would dearly love to see some survey that caregorically said "cameras save lives".

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The cameras do nothing to aid road safety. People just bale down the road and then slam the anchors on when the hotspots turn up. It actually causes accidents not stops them.

Wait. So people drive over the speed limit where they can't be caught and then slow down when they can and that's the camera's fault?

What if, they obeyed the fucking speed limit all the time eh? No need to brake sharply to avoid being caught then. Huzzah, problem solved.

So when it comes to speed limits ans, you just accept them without question?

Going fast doesn't give me an errection or satisfy some burning need to get a buzz. Each to their own really. I find it's easier to leave five minutes earlier and stick to the limit.

Oddly enough, I dont lose large chunks of money in fines either.

Ten out of ten for complete avoidance of the question.

I didn't avoid it, I think my answer made it pretty clear that I do accept the speed limits because they are the law.

You should try it, it might work out cheaper for you.

Personally speaking though, I'll reserve the right to make up my own mind, however much extra brain-work such an approach to life might demand.......

Feel free to continue to pay fines for the priviledge. Maybe your extra brain work could figure out that you'd have more money to feed your drug and gambling habit if you didn't have to splash out for them.

Wait a minute. Drugs? Gambling? Criminal?

How exactly is it that you differ from these 'scum' that were in court with you the same day?

Archived