R Plate Lunatics

Roger Smelly

Well was driving home tonight and was over taken by a R plated anus doing more than 60mph.

When will the police crack down on these youngsters, its time they took responsibility for the actions they make.

Fair enough we all have gone mad in a car sometimes but some people don't realise that they could kill more than themselves.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roger, not all R platers are youngsters.

I think this was about R plated drivers, No mention of age, Inexperience is the problem

do you not think the coppers have anything better to do than chase people that go 10mph over their limit. If it was 10mph over the Road limit, then great... sort em out..

Jesus!

They are quite happy to pull over anyone else going 10mph over a speed limit, What makes this any different?

Edit : I have also seen an R plater doing over 80mph, So it isn't "just 10mph over the limit"

Well was driving home tonight and was over taken by a R plated anus doing more than 60mph.

When will the police crack down on these youngsters, its time they took responsibility for the actions they make.

As I think Dudley Butt rightly pointed out at the height of the speed limit debate - not one R plate driver had been fined or banned for breach of the R plate restrictions. This is despite everytime you see a near miss or incident of bad driving linked to speed its always some dick in a souped up R plate car.

This is again proof that the all Island limit would not work. They can't (or won't) police the worst offenders even though that is exactly what the R plate rules were supposed to do - give police better grounds to penalise bad driving by new drivers.

How some of these kids get insurance is beyond me, but the driving standards are appalling and the R plate system seems to have no benefit at all.

To me you sound confused about the R plate, Did you not know that if you are a teenager with a crowd of mates in the back or heavens forbid a Chavy slapper in the passenger seat to impress the R stands for RACER and have to drive like a complete tosser,

but what can you do, like others are saying if you go to the rozzers and report someone they just say "Ok , thank you, we will look in to it" and that as far as it goes because there is no way of checking up if they done anything, i too do feel something needs to be done but have no suitable answer apart from get the traffic cops out on the roads doing the job they are paid to do

This is again proof that the all Island limit would not work.

No it isn't. Policing the R plate drivers need a manual spot of them driving at over 50mph in an area where non-R plated drivers obey the national speed limit (currently unlimited of course)

A gatso can peg every car that breaks a 70mph limit but there's no way it can determine if every driver between 50-70 is allowed to be at that speed. You seem to be naive enough to believe that an all island speed limit would be policed by coppers with speed guns.

Anyway, it's such bullshit logic. I can open up the Courier and flick to at least one assault a week being reported where the Police are looking for information to help them catch the offender. Is this proof that the laws against assault aren't working so we should just drop them?

An all Island limit wouldn't work because of law breaking berks like you. But hey, it's cool to be a rebel and buck the system eh?

An all Island limit wouldn't work because of law breaking berks like you. But hey, it's cool to be a rebel and buck the system eh?

Get off your high horse.

All I said is there is no point in introducing new laws, when the existing ones are never policed. You just introduce more legislation that nobody does anything about. If you want to live in a police state with all your other numpty mates its no skin off my nose.

All I said is there is no point in introducing new laws, when the existing ones are never policed.

I did explain to you how the two laws are policed differently, but I guess you chose to ignore that. R plates are practically impossible to police quite frankly whereas an all Island limit would be policed easily. You're comparing apples to oranges.

If you want to live in a police state with all your other numpty mates its no skin off my nose.

Most of my mates are bikers who strongly oppose the limit. Why? Because they want to ride as fast as they can because it gives them a rush and excites them. Shame none of the other anti limit people on here are as honest as that and choose to hide behind nonsense comments about police and nanny states eh?

I do agree with you that the R plate system seems to be largely pointless, particularly in light of zero prosecutions. What do you do instead though? Raise the age limit to 21? Enforce 50mph restrictors in R plated cars? I actually don't know.

Archived