Fox Hunting

batman

Do you agree with the proposed fox hunting ban?  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I can't wait until steven sees this topic, he'll be in full swing for weeks!

Yea Im quite sure too that steven wud have much to say on this topic !

But Id be surprised if steven ever did return, not after the way he was so disliked by everyone on original Manx forums, goodness knows how he lasted so long !

And I especially dont think he will be back after the terrible terrible thing that happened to him in his real life! :(

But fear not coz midnight is here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

And I thank everyone for there kind support for wanting the banning of fox hunting!

Unfortunately however ( yep u knew it was coming !!!) I hear that david Cameron wants to bring back this vile blood sport of fox hunting - again!!!!!!!! :angry:

Weve only just got rid of it!!!!

No im sorry, but with beliefs of that nature, Cameron really does have to go as prime minister!!!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this sort of thing is so stupid, fox hunting has been a tradition that has gone on for about a thousand years. They are pests to farmers, if they happen to get near any chickens for example they won't settle for killing just one they'll maul the whole lot. What do you think?

Unfortunately however ( yep u knew it was coming !!!) I hear that david Cameron wants to bring back this vile blood sport of fox hunting - again!!!!!!!! :angry:

So the townies got rid of it a few years ago. Now several children and babies have been attacked, along with many, many domestic pets as foxes are starting to take over destroying everything in their path. The balance of nature has changed. Less wild birds. Less wildlife in general. Do you think that is because they have emmigrated to Ibiza and Austrailia? Have you seen the price of eggs recently? Notice how they are moch more expensive now as farmers have to spend much more money to prevent foxes getting in and killing chickens.

I don't agree with the pomp and pageantry of "The Hunt". But by banning "that" sort of hunting, they also had to ban the low key hunting with dogs used by most farmers in the UK for fox population control. As a result, UK is now overrun with foxes.

Fox hunting with dogs has to be brought back in order for the farmers to stand a chance of getting them under control again.

So the townies got rid of it a few years ago. Now several children and babies have been attacked, along with many, many domestic pets as foxes are starting to take over destroying everything in their path. The balance of nature has changed. Less wild birds. Less wildlife in general. Do you think that is because they have emmigrated to Ibiza and Austrailia? Have you seen the price of eggs recently? Notice how they are moch more expensive now as farmers have to spend much more money to prevent foxes getting in and killing chickens.

I don't agree with the pomp and pageantry of "The Hunt". But by banning "that" sort of hunting, they also had to ban the low key hunting with dogs used by most farmers in the UK for fox population control. As a result, UK is now overrun with foxes.

Fox hunting with dogs has to be brought back in order for the farmers to stand a chance of getting them under control again.

Marry me.

Foxes do not destroy everything, they are a perfect part of the eco-system and a valued contributor to help keep a natural balance within nature! :)

I think you will find, that if there are less birds and other wildlife in general, its nothing to do with an over population of foxes, its to do with man polluting the envirorement with very toxic and poisonous pesticides ect , which pass thru the food chain to kill everything, from insects to the birds and from birds to mammals ect.

Farmers are quite foolish to belive that pesticides are economical and save them money, the cost of the pesticides they use, millions and millions of tons of the stuff each year, FAR OUT WAY the cost of losses in crops they may lose to insects “pests” .

As for the increase in the prices of eggs? Again nothing to do with foxes, its because cheap barn eggs are being faded out and replaced with the more expensive organic free range eggs.

But once free range organic eggs becomes the main stream product the prices will then fall.

Its perfectly correct to fade out the sale of barn eggs due to the way the barn hens are kept imprisoned in darkness in cages from hell were they suffer unimaginable pain and suffering all thru there sad lives.

We never ever ever buy barn eggs which suports this terrible cruelty!

Fox hunting with dogs, or even without dogs has NOTHING whatever to do with “pest” control.

If foxes are indeed a pest (witch there not anyways) there are plenty more compassionate and effective ways of controlling a species.

Fox hunting is simply a disgusting pastime for people to gain sadistic pleasure out of slaughtering innocent animals purely for fun!

Its been well documented and secretly filmed that somtimes when fox hunters catch a pregnant vixen, they will often slit the poor animal open and then kill the little pups inside her!!!!!!!! :(

FOX HUNTING SHOULD NEVER EVER BE BROUGHT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOX HUNTING SHOULD NEVER EVER BE BROUGHT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously, you are a townie with absolutely no idea about country life. You are wrong on so many levels it is just not worth replying to you in depth. I feel sorry for you.

Foxes do not destroy everything, they are a perfect part of the eco-system and a valued contributor to help keep a natural balance within nature! :)

Why do you think the IoM gov went ape shit when they found foxes had been brought onto the Island? They had guys going out at night for years looking for them, only recently when the money ran low and no more sighting were reported did they stop, but it is because they are very destructive to other wildlife, particularly ground nesting birds.

I think you will find, that if there are less birds and other wildlife in general, its nothing to do with an over population of foxes, its to do with man polluting the envirorement with very toxic and poisonous pesticides ect , which pass thru the food chain to kill everything, from insects to the birds and from birds to mammals ect.

Biggest load of crap I have ever seen, "very toxic and poisonous pesticides" have all been banned and are no longer available, and they did not "pass thru the food chain and kill everything", Lmfao!

Farmers are quite foolish to belive that pesticides are economical and save them money, the cost of the pesticides they use, millions and millions of tons of the stuff each year, FAR OUT WAY the cost of losses in crops they may lose to insects “pests” .

Farmers are in buisness, why would they buy sprays at great expense if they were better of without them? Because their foolish? Again, lmfao! Go into Isle of Man farmers and say that and the laughter will lift the roof!

As for the increase in the prices of eggs? Again nothing to do with foxes, its because cheap barn eggs are being faded out and replaced with the more expensive organic free range eggs.

But once free range organic eggs becomes the main stream product the prices will then fall.

Its perfectly correct to fade out the sale of barn eggs due to the way the barn hens are kept imprisoned in darkness in cages from hell were they suffer unimaginable pain and suffering all thru there sad lives.

You better stop eating everything then because for it to get on your plate chances are something had to die, even your salads were protected a great deal from rabbit, pigeon damage etc.

Fox hunting with dogs, or even without dogs has NOTHING whatever to do with “pest” control.

If foxes are indeed a pest (witch there not anyways) there are plenty more compassionate and effective ways of controlling a species.

Fox hunting with hounds is an old 'traditional' style of doing it, the way the hounds kill the fox is no different to the way the fox kills the rabbit, are you going to ban foxes from hunting rabbits then! I prefer the idea of shooting them but people get way to exited over the hounds "ripping the fox to bits".

Fox hunting is simply a disgusting pastime for people to gain sadistic pleasure out of slaughtering innocent animals purely for fun!

Its not about that at all, how sad I keep seeing these stupid statements from people like you. If that was the case why do they still put so much time and effort into the rides? If thats all they wanted to do to animals why the hell would they go to all that trouble, time, and expense?.

Its been well documented and secretly filmed that somtimes when fox hunters catch a pregnant vixen, they will often slit the poor animal open and then kill the little pups inside her!!!!!!!! :(

So you would leave the young do die slowly inside her then? Again, a perfect example of people like you not having the foggiest idea.

I'm not an expert on fox hunting, but its clear for anyone to see that your talking total shite. I suggest learning a little about the matter before passing further comment.

Instead of killing the foxes why don't they catch them, put them in boxes, and never let them go?

midnight could keep them in there home looking after them, :rolleyes:

i shoot a few foxers, there bloody hard to hit i can tell you. o them were the days :cool:

Why do you think the IoM gov went ape shit when they found foxes had been brought onto the Island? They had guys going out at night for years looking for them, only recently when the money ran low and no more sighting were reported did they stop, but it is because they are very destructive to other wildlife, particularly ground nesting birds.

Biggest load of crap I have ever seen, "very toxic and poisonous pesticides" have all been banned and are no longer available, and they did not "pass thru the food chain and kill everything", Lmfao!

Farmers are quite foolish to belive that pesticides are economical and save them money, the cost of the pesticides they use, millions and millions of tons of the stuff each year, FAR OUT WAY the cost of losses in crops they may lose to insects pests .

Farmers are in buisness, why would they buy sprays at great expense if they were better of without them? Because their foolish? Again, lmfao! Go into Isle of Man farmers and say that and the laughter will lift the roof!

You better stop eating everything then because for it to get on your plate chances are something had to die, even your salads were protected a great deal from rabbit, pigeon damage etc.

Fox hunting with dogs, or even without dogs has NOTHING whatever to do with pest control.

Fox hunting with hounds is an old 'traditional' style of doing it, the way the hounds kill the fox is no different to the way the fox kills the rabbit, are you going to ban foxes from hunting rabbits then! I prefer the idea of shooting them but people get way to exited over the hounds "ripping the fox to bits".

Its not about that at all, how sad I keep seeing these stupid statements from people like you. If that was the case why do they still put so much time and effort into the rides? If thats all they wanted to do to animals why the hell would they go to all that trouble, time, and expense?.

So you would leave the young do die slowly inside her then? Again, a perfect example of people like you not having the foggiest idea.

I'm not an expert on fox hunting, but its clear for anyone to see that your talking total shite. I suggest learning a little about the matter before passing further comment.

Im absolutely and utterly astounded by this reply!

It has to be sum kind of joke surly? or an attempt at trolling to make me respond ?

But I suppose I must! Its ones duty in life to help others !

No im not a townie I am at one with nature and I always have been! I didnt chose to be so, it kinda chose me! :)

Pesticides that have been linked and shown to cause cancers ect are STILL being used in the uk, the USA has banned them over fears of there toxicity, but we still use them in the uk!!! Google it and you will see !

Pesticides which are supposed to kill insects DO get passed down the food chain from grasses and plants ect to cows and sheep and eventually onto to humans causing desiese ect in humans.

The use of pesticides IS a false economy, insects that pesticides are designed to kill are now becoming resistant to pesticides, ( and im glad these insects are becoming resistant ! ) and so much more pesticides are needed to have the same killing effect .

But not only do pesticides kill pests they also kill helpful insect species aswell such as bees.

If bees are wiped out, and farmers are having a good go at it!! then it would have a catastrophic effect on food production as bees pollinate approximately 80% of all plant and trees.

Farmers who use pesticides are indeed IGNORANT and FOOLISH in there ways! In fact Id go as far as to say there VERY VERY dangerous to society!

They are killing bees, the worlds most important pollinator, how utterly stupid is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Fox hunting is a disgusting and sadistic pastime, fox hunters share the very same characteristics as psychopaths and encourage a world full of cruelty.

A fox tears open a rabbit for its food, a fox hunter tears open a fox and kills for fun and pleasure which is cruelty, there is no evolutionary gain in cultivating a world full of cruelty.

Tell the truth about fox hunting please !!!!!!!!!!!

A child who has been brought up in association wiv animal cruelty as being acceptable and the norm, has a much greater chance of becoming a cruel and violent adult, and is at a much greater risk of become a murderer ect, is this the kind of world u want to encourage?

No I wouldnt leave the pups to die inside her, as If I came across a pregnant vixen who was ripped open I would help save the pups, but id never dream of harming her in the first or second place!

No I dont have to learn any more on the subject before passing comment.

This is a public forum and anyone can post.

Gazza Im disappointed in ya for shooting foxes!!!! :(

Ok. Less than 1 in 100 hunts involved fat old blokes in red coats drinking whisky and shouting "Tally Ho!"

Nearly all fox hunts involved a farmer and his dogs flushing out and killing foxes in the quickest possible way.

Yes, foxes kill rabits for food. They also kill them for fun, as they do anything else that they thing may be fun such as ducks, family pets, chickens, sheep. They will even have a go at cattle and horses.

Now, which is more humane? Setting a pack of dogs on a skulk of foxes, or filling the adults with shot and leaving them to die a slow agonizing death, and the pups to die of starvation?

I cannot believe anyine in this day and age can be as cruel and heartless as you seem to be endorsing. You are either an idiot or a troll

Ohh dear, what is it?, a different opinion to your own!!!

It has to be sum kind of joke surly? or an attempt at trolling to make me respond ?

The irony! For exampe, what has pesticides/chemicals got to do with fox hunting? Your just out to cause controversy, typical troll.

But I suppose I must! Its ones duty in life to help others !

So shut up and listen?

No im not a “townie” I am at one with nature and I always have been! I didn’t chose to be so, it kinda chose me! :)

Wow, what planet are you on? In your dreams "it" did... :rolleyes:

Pesticides that have been linked and shown to cause cancers ect are STILL being used in the uk, the USA has banned them over fears of there toxicity, but we still use them in the uk!!! Google it and you will see !

Pesticides which are supposed to kill insects DO get passed down the food chain from grasses and plants ect to cows and sheep and eventually onto to humans causing desiese ect in humans.

The use of pesticides IS a false economy, insects that pesticides are designed to kill are now becoming resistant to pesticides, ( and im glad these insects are becoming resistant ! ) and so much more pesticides are needed to have the same killing effect .

But not only do pesticides kill “pests” they also kill helpful insect species aswell such as bees.

If bees are wiped out, and farmers are having a good go at it!! then it would have a catastrophic effect on food production as bees pollinate approximately 80% of all plant and trees.

What has this got to do with fox hunting ? This is a seperate topic, why not start a new thread about it? I cant be bothered wasting time correcting you, if I showed you black you'd say it was white, simple as that. Whats the point!

Farmers who use pesticides are indeed IGNORANT and FOOLISH in there ways! In fact Id go as far as to say there VERY VERY dangerous to society!

They are killing bees, the worlds most important pollinator, how utterly stupid is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

So your calling like 99% of farmers ignorant and foolish and your calling me a troll, if our farmers were so ignorant and foolish they wouldnt be any british produce on shop shelves, I just cant understand how you can be so confident that farmers dont need to buy expensive sprays, expensive sprayers/machinery, go through sprayer tests annually etc etc if they are so much better without it?

The argumant they are stupid DOES NOT stand up, back it properly you nutter!

Dangerous to society? Whats worse, your delusional ideas about conventional farming, or nothing for us to eat? Becasue I assume you'd have us all grazing grass and weeds, drinking from streams, and living in caves or something if conventional farming is so dangerous for "society"?

By the way, the more people on this planet (including you) the worse its going to get (in your eyes atleast), just wait until it really hits home that we need to up production, organic or 'green' methods will be the last thing on our minds. Prices are going up all the time, this is half the reason.

Fox hunting is a disgusting and sadistic pastime, fox hunters share the very same characteristics as psychopaths and encourage a world full of cruelty.

A fox tears open a rabbit for its food, a fox hunter tears open a fox and kills for fun and pleasure which is cruelty, there is no evolutionary gain in cultivating a world full of cruelty.

In your imagination they do, fox will suffer much more if you allow their numbers to go uncontrolled but you cant see past the end of your own nose so how would you know! Think mange, teretorial fighting, lack of food resulting in starvation etc etc. Not to mention the negative effect on ground nesting birds, small mammals, farms animals( poultry, lambs, piglets...)

As above, foxes are VERY WELL KNOWN for killing for fun! Just as a fox kills for food, we kill to PROTECT our food, or for food. But no, you will say its for some sick pleasue etc!

A child who has been brought up in association wiv animal cruelty as being acceptable and the norm, has a much greater chance of becoming a cruel and violent adult, and is at a much greater risk of become a murderer ect, is this the kind of world u want to encourage?

You will encourage cruelty by adopting the hands off approach with wildlife. I think kids are more likely to get messed up in the head watching weird films and playing stupid games then spending time outdoors taking part in a traditional, and safer (than shooting, traping, snaring), style of pest control.

No I wouldn’t leave the pups to die inside her, as If I came across a pregnant vixen who was ripped open I would help save the pups, but id never dream of harming her in the first or second place!

No I don’t have to learn any more on the subject before passing comment.

'Twas freindly advice but fair enough :lol:

So?

Gazza Im disappointed in ya for shooting foxes!!!! :(

Top stuff Gazza I say, sounds like more of a challenge to the usual rabbit contol over here!

Do you realize its still perfectly legal to hunt many other species of vermin with dogs? Why should fox have such special treatment? Just because you think they are 'cute' and rats arn't? I dont understand that one... pretty unfair on the other species if so.

I agree with Cambon, exept maybe... you are both an idiot and a troll.

But not only do pesticides kill “pests” they also kill helpful insect species aswell such as bees.

No I wouldn’t leave the pups to die inside her, as If I came across a pregnant vixen who was ripped open I would help save the pups, but id never dream of harming her in the first or second place!

No I don’t have to learn any more on the subject before passing comment.

Gazza Im disappointed in ya for shooting foxes!!!! [/size] :(

you findthe reasons they use pesticides is so people like you can eat. pay them double to be honest would need to be at least triple for your food, and kill a lot of people of.

then you can stop using pesticides.

intill then. YOU need pesticides.

so go on, give us a few names of the pesticides that are banned in the us but not here that will kill us.

i dont really care if your disappointed in me to be honest.

them pesky foxs needed shooting and thats what happined.

and you see because its not in the news these days, theres a lot of foxes get kiled still, because with a liscance you can kill them still. where before they got the hunt in to just clear the odd one or to that were to close to the farm, now its a free for all, not just the odd one or to. but a lot of foxes taken out in one go, because its more cost effective that way.

so in effect what you good loving animal love (knows northing about the way of the land) people did was in fact end up getting more foxs killed. But im sure you still feel warm and fuzzy inside

i also see its good thing they allowed a cull on badgers once again. about time :cool:

Archived