Manx Flights Break Light Barrier

Dr Gonzo

Fly back in time with Freedom Travel... from 3FM website:

"History is being made today at Ronaldsway Airport as the first ever flight from the Isle of Man to Yugoslavia takes off for a two and a half hour journey. "

Yugoslavia cased to exist in 2003. Can anybody on this flight put a tenner on Liverpool to win the Champions League in 2005 for me? Cheers.

Maybe they think it sounds better than "Bosnia and Herzegovina"

Its one of those place names that confuses the hell out of you - you sit on the plane thinking Bosnia and Herzegovina now which one am I going to again? Then you think what if I arrive in Bosnia when I was wanting to go to Herzegovina of vise versa. Oh bugger. I hope they speak the same language. What if I need a passport to move between the two. I wish I was going to Blackpool instead. That only has one name. Its easy.

Split place names really f**k you up when you're travelling.

Yeah but who is the official that says "right from now on your country is called blahblah" and all of a sudden all the millions of people say "Yeah, ok, sounds good to me I'll go and change all my letter heads and that"

I don't think so.

Good on Manx Airlines or whoever it is for standing up to the people who go round changing names of countries and other things.

Archived