Ten Biggest Political Issues/conspiracies/scandals

haX0red_Account

I know I could probably summarise this out of loads of other threads but might be easier to make a specific requests; feel free to chip in- can be anything really either totally confirmed and real or anecdotal, suspected, alleged etc:

- MEA

- reserves borrowing

- Neds?

- current review of government

- mount murray

-etc etc?

and I'll post back when I let you know how I got on!

Right then.

Close pubs at 12:00 on a weekend. You want to come round our house on a weekend when the horrible drunks go shouting up the street at 4:00 in the morning waking everyone up.

If you ask me then no one asked for the so-called night clubs to be open most of the night.

We have proved that in general people in society can't behave when drunk so - change the licensing hours back and that, because I for one never asked for them to be extended. And neither did anyone in our street or anyone else I know.

Right then.

Close pubs at 12:00 on a weekend. You want to come round our house on a weekend when the horrible drunks go shouting up the street at 4:00 in the morning waking everyone up.

If you ask me then no one asked for the so-called night clubs to be open most of the night.

We have proved that in general people in society can't behave when drunk so - change the licensing hours back and that, because I for one never asked for them to be extended. And neither did anyone in our street or anyone else I know.

Or alternatively don't buy a house that for years has been near a night club...or a pub, busy road, wild hens or a flood area etc. etc. and expect immediate rights to change the 'local' environment.

There are too many people not adapting to the world and others. Too many inconsiderate sods are busily wiping out other people's civil liberties, by busybodily trying to adapt the world and others to their own way of thinking.

Mr Tatlock, you are just being truculent.

My family have probably lived near this particular place for well over 100 years.

It is only recently, in my not inconsiderable lifetime that there has been a rowdy drunken shouting elements walking up our streets after excessive drinking until the early hours. It is only started since the police and government allowed the drunks to spend their money all night and these people are selfish as they don't give account at all to other folk.

When you come out the rovers return is it at 3 in the morning and do you shout to your friends and do daft singing and wake all the people up. Well I'm surprised you of all people can be condoming such loutish behaviour which is what you are doing

Well I'm surprised you of all people can be condoming such loutish behaviour which is what you are doing

Is that what they call a Freudian slip? Was that a subconscious way of saying f**k you?

If your family have lived in the area for more than 100 years, they will have lived there before licensing hours were introduced and when, according to my dad (now long deceased) you had to step well out into the street if you were passing a pub on a Saturday night because there was a very good chance that a couple of drunks would come tumbling out wrestling and punching each other!

Mr Tatlock, you are just being truculent...

[/Quote]

Not really. How was I being: fierce, savage, ferocious, barbarous, cruel, destructive, or ruthless? These places have to apply for licences and planning permission - which is the time for residents in the area to speak up. Rowdy drunks have been a fact of life for centuries.

...When you come out the rovers return is it at 3 in the morning and do you shout to your friends and do daft singing and wake all the people up. Well I'm surprised you of all people can be condoming such loutish behaviour which is what you are doing

Only after a lock-in at my favourite pub!

...and I didn't condone such behaviour.

Well I'm just nit sure but 100 years ago there would have been a little more less loud nocturnal activity such as screaming and shouting at least not after midnight.

Then the police would have you too, but now a days they just seem to say "yeah, they're just young folk drunk" and not bothered about us lot getting woken up every Friday Saturday and sometimes Sunday at 4 inthe morning and that.

Beside, it was ok 5-10 years ago and I blame it on the licensing laws that it is ok to go get drunk and shout whenver you want.

if you have a lock in you respect it and don't let the land lord down by being drunken and shouting. The point being is NOW it is legal to go get drunk at 3 inthe morning and they thinkit means being loud and disturbing too. That's the basic differencr.

...... according to my dad (now long deceased) you had to step well out into the street if you were passing a pub on a Saturday night because there was a very good chance that a couple of drunks would come tumbling out wrestling and punching each other!

So not much has changed then!!

Edit:

Ok, here is one. When are commissioners houses going to be means/requirement tested on an on-going basis? There is a genuine need for commissioners houses, but there are far too many 3 bed houses with one older couple rattling around in them. They could be moved to somewhere smaller and free up the 3 bed house for a family who need it. Also, I see so many people in commissioners housing who CAN afford not to be but only stay there because it is cheap. When they got the house they probably needed it, as I said there is a genuine need and I agree with it. However, the rental value of a commissioners house should be linked to income and regularly reviewed.

As a law abiding citizen, tax payer and one of thosands who struggle and budget to find mortgage or rent money each month, I find it obscene that these people can get away with it and I for one am tired of subsidising them.

Archived