Crying With....what? I Dont Know...explain

thebees

I went to see a show in London at the weekend (Wicked- the musical), I quite like musicals but mostly I went becuase it was my daughters birthday and she wanted to see a show in the West End. Anyway, I kept 'welling up' and there were tears rolling down my face by the end of the first half. It wasn't sad so thats not what made me cry, my mother-in-law says its the Celt in me (being emotionally stirred by music) but I'm not sure what it was. It's happened before, getting emotionally electrified by music - what is that all about?

I did that when I went to see a Pink Floyd tribute band at the Cavern Club in Liverpool this summer. They were so amazingly close to sounding like the real Pink Floyd and I blubbed my way through "Shine on you Crazy Diamond". Might have had something to do with the copious amounts of Magners we got through aswell though! :P

Hey Missbees, sounds like you and the young un had a good trip - buzzin babe!

My theory is that certain kinds of music stirs up and recreates feelings and emotions within us... Albeit on a sometimes a very subconscious level... without realising it tunes often put me in mind of a certain time in my life when I was happy, low or even at rock bottom... Me likes those kind of tears

Yea that happens to me all the time! I think its a realisation that music is such a treasure and it could also be something to do with your childhood, tunes, music you might have been surrounded by when younger without realising might stir up emotions in you as an adult and you dont know why!

The song that embarrisngly gets me with tears of joy/sadness/pride/an other emotions is Youll never walk alone - its just gets me every time. I get all mixed emotions whn i hear it!

LOL right back at ya! I am not as mad as you ;) Birthday? yours soon, shall we have a good old fashioned, see who falls over first competition? I have always been quite emotional I suppose, remember crying when Dont cry for me Argentina went out of the hit parade before I taped if off the radio. Back then you couldnt even get radio one, never mind have a fancy MP3 player.

Archived