Firsts One

Theskeat

First thing I would ask Mr Buttery is how come that as you're a succesful buisness man, you still tie up a Corpy house when you must have the income to buy, then therefore let up a house for the people you wish to vote for you?

Criticism is easy - or at least it ought to be - but this guy isn't even particularly effective at that.

However, it seems that it's the only kind of political ammunition that he has and there's not much he can do if some of its more like a damp squib.

Be honest. What's the point in moaning about money that's already been spent? Where are the pointers to a better future?

Sorry, Mr B, but if you were in my area you definitely wouldn't be getting my vote.

LOL...just read his manifesto and apparently he likes to look at the bigger picture and not get tied up in the details....thats exactly the kind of politician we dont need. The ends dont always justify the means....muppet.

I also understand that his business dealings leave somewhat to be desired....

NEXT

And yet another candidate who allies immigration with work permits. Anyone else care to jump on the bandwagon.

Unemployment doubled, jobs halved. Jeez, I guess that only leaves about 2 vacancies to every unemployed person now then.

Too negative for me. Where is the substance?

Exactly so, Albert.

I've just been surfing around the election websites and noticed a couple of gems

Phil Kermode

What are your reasons for standing in this election?

... PART OF THIS WILL INVOLVE CURBING GOVERNMENT PROFLICACY.

Proflicacy? Phil Kermode' ? Is this the genuine article? LOL

David Buttery

A man of few words and with a quite wonderful email address

Email - butch@manx.net!

And where are all the online manifestos hidden?

Quote from 'Butch'

"The rest of the world got worse post Sept 11"

Stunning....simply stunning.

Which was his response to the previous answer where he said that the IOM had got better since 2001. So the IOM has got better but the rest of the world has got worse....here stands the candidate for sweeping gernalisations. Wouldnt get my vote if the other candidates were Hitler and Mussolini!!

Seriosuly this is the quality of people who think that they are worthy of my democractic vote...I'll hold on to it till there are people who are worthy of it!

PS I've just found those in my area

Geoff Corkish (any comments there 8180??)

Roland Ardern-Corris (hmmmm)

John Shimmin (no idea who he is)

Archived