The Trial

Billy One Mate

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would think the wife of a former chief minister would present herself better, perhaps the court case is getting to her. She could of have, at least, brushed her hair. Poor Chopley having to share the same court as these types of 'unwashed'.

What ever the out come, to claim £90,000.00 in grants from the govt (where your husband works) is morally wrong. I thought grants were to assist the people who could not afford to pay for their own repairs (or whatever) its a bit lame, the wife of the cheif minister begging for handouts when her husband earns 'a fair wage'.

The Agitator is full of unqualified shit.

A class piece of moderation Sir !!!!

Even mods have the right to an opinion Sir!!!

It was a compliment.

ups..er..I knew that... :rolleyes:

I find it strange how it's reported that she gave the invoices a " Passing glance " yet previously she's been, reportedly, said to have been an astute person who was meticulous with her accounts ?

'Because of Richard's position, I didn't want any inference I had done anything wrong,' she told the court.

LOL...that worked a treat didnt it!!

All this over £90k....all parties in this look somewhat shady IMHO. The sooner the case is finished the better.

Lets hope an overahaul of the grant system is undertaken after this to make the whole process much more transparent and allow greater cross-referencing between the DTI and Revenue.

I'm worried about the Indy reporting on today.

I notice the quote "I have never done a dishonest thing before" on the front page

I hope that is a complete and in context translation of what was said, because its not the wisest choice of words to use.

They do seem to have gone into overkill on summing up.

Archived