British Airways - Robbing B@stards

Manx Track cars

Booked flights off the island in May to Manchester for me and my family in December 2006.

I Had to change the date by 3 days this is the difference and it's

Old Price: £381.90 return

Additioanal : £685.00 ONE WAY

Total of £1066.90 for 6 return flights to manchester

No flexibility from BA at all, smug git on the other end of the phone " that's our policy to rip you off sir, it's how we treat all our customers from the Isle of Man"

BA The peoples airline? Never has this been so far away from the actual truth.

:angry:

Booked flights off the island in May to Manchester for me and my family in December 2006.

I Had to change the date by 3 days this is the difference and it's

Old Price: £381.90 return

New Price: £685.00 ONE WAY

Nearly double for a one way trip.

No flexibility from BA at all, smug git on the other end of the phone " that's our policy to rip you off sir, it's how we treat all our customers from the Isle of Man"

BA The peoples airline? Never has this been so far away from the actual truth.

:angry:

Best way is to book another return and don't turn up for the return leg! it might work out cheaper. the one ways are always really expensive!!! - we booked flights to Manchester a couple of years ago, and a friend who came over on the boat wanted to fly back with us and her flights were twice as much, so she booked return and never returned!! and they were the same price as ours!

I've had similar!

We got to the Manchester early and could make the earlier flight home, there were loads of free seats - I expected them to bung us in for free, as no one was going to sit in those seats anyway, but they tried to charge us an extra £72 each!

Very strange, the guy could do it in a second - so it's not like they are justifying the paperwork.

I've had similar!

We got to the Manchester early and could make the earlier flight home, there were loads of free seats - I expected them to bung us in for free, as no one was going to sit in those seats anyway, but they tried to charge us an extra £72 each!

Very strange, the guy could do it in a second - so it's not like they are justifying the paperwork.

I can sympathise. Happened to me as well.

I am led to believe the reason they cant or wont do it is because their systems wont allow them to.

Bad case of technology driving the enterprise rather than the other way around [if thats the case]

It's not a particularly new scam, when I worked for Avis car rental they charged more for a 6 day booking than they did to rent a car for a whole week. I nearly got sacked for advising a customer to book it for a week then return the car a day early.

I don't think you have much of a complaint unless you weren't told of the restrictions when you made the original booking or it wasn't pointed out in the terms and conditions. To put the boot on the other foot, how pleased would you be if the airline randomly pulled your flight (force majeure excluded) and withdrew from its side of the bargain? Does it cease to be a legally binding contract because you change your mind?

BA spanked me when i had flights booked in advance from the Island to London and then on to Mexico. Mexico suffered a hurricane and the resort was flattened so i ended up changing to St Lucia.

The travel company was great and swapped everything over but BA refused to change the flights to an earlier time and said that we could not get a refund we could only get the tax back. We tried to claim on our travel insurance but they said that domestic flights from the Island to the UK was not covered and it only started on the flight from the UK.

Thomas cook was the travel agent and they were going mad down the phone at both BA and the insurance company but they wouldnt budge so Thomas cook ended up compensating me out of their own pocket.

BA spanked me when i had flights booked in advance from the Island to London and then on to Mexico. Mexico suffered a hurricane and the resort was flattened so i ended up changing to St Lucia.

The travel company was great and swapped everything over but BA refused to change the flights to an earlier time and said that we could not get a refund we could only get the tax back. We tried to claim on our travel insurance but they said that domestic flights from the Island to the UK was not covered and it only started on the flight from the UK.

Thomas cook was the travel agent and they were going mad down the phone at both BA and the insurance company but they wouldnt budge so Thomas cook ended up compensating me out of their own pocket.

AH! travel insurance is a wonderful thing isn't it. Just like all other insurance if they can wriggle out of it they will. Had your trip started from Glasgow to London you would have been covered. Personally I would have threatened legal action against the insurance company for miselling a product.

Similar happened to us too....

Returned from South America in September and just in case of delays we booked last plane back to IoM from Gatwick 7:30pm

However as it turned out even despite the massive queue for security (and me losing my rag at the "does your hand baggage fit into this smaller space" attendent.... put bag on it and was obvious it would fit if I squashed the rucksack... but no, after being awake for 30 hours I had to prove that I could squash it in.... grrrrr), we were in the terminal for the 4.15pm flight. can we transfer to the eariler flight Miss Nice BA Information Desk Lady, we've been up for about 30 hours now...???

well you can, but that'd be another £180.00 EACH....

Robbing cnuts, we didn't bother.... and I'm positive there would have been free seats on the earlier flight.

it's just plainly profitteering and not at all about customer service....

Oh yeah, and the 7:30 flight was delayed an hour......more grrrr

very disappointed with BA on this one. I may write a stiff letter of complaint....

Archived